Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Top lane champions

Rengar 241 9.61%
Kha Zix 228 9.09%
Darius 420 16.74%
Riven 530 21.12%
Jayce 409 16.3%
Elise 193 7.69%
Fiora 260 10.36%
Any other champion (Comment) 780 31.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 2509 .

Best top lane champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoaIa Bear

05-06-2013

I wanna know whats a good top lane champion for me I like one that scares the enemies like Kha zix or Rengar i currently love to play singed

Phoenix0Wright

05-06-2013

There isn't a single "best" top laner right now, and there probably never will be. It depends too much on your lane opponent and team comp to choose just one. However, Elise, Renekton, Rumble, Cho'Gath, Jayce, and Shen are all top-tier choices. Elise and Renekton are huge lane bullies that have good base damage, meaning they can build tanky. Jayce and Rumble both scale well later in the game with good DPS. Cho'Gath and Shen are immovable tanks that can hold their own in trades while still providing good team utility throughout the game. Kha'Zix is also strong, but tends to do better in the mid lane.

Ceraphium

05-06-2013

I was going to recommend renekton. He has great sustain with his Q and can last hit from range with a double use of his E. Also, his W throws a kink in any jumps or ganks. Hardest counters that I've found for Renekton is an amazing singed, a really descent teamo, and a ballsy adc soraka(this is laughable, but she somehow owns). Garen, darius can try to counter but really that is just skill advantage then, not champ advantage. Riven and Renekton are somewhat even match up. Supposedly Irelia is a hard counter, but I didn't see it in my experience. In theory, she does though.

Private Butthead

05-06-2013

NUNU. He will never EVER lose lane and late game Nunu + lulu + Vayne = gg.
Also he is the only Yorick counter and ****s on elise. He can even win lane vs renek if your good enough.

Holytank

05-06-2013

If those example champs are the ones your thinking are the best you should watch pros play and see whats really good!

xpl0de88

05-07-2013

Quote:
Private Butthead:
NUNU. He will never EVER lose lane and late game Nunu + lulu + Vayne = gg.
Also he is the only Yorick counter and ****s on elise. He can even win lane vs renek if your good enough.

u just solved my yorick problems. i also main top and feel a little dumb right now.

edit: jayce/renekton/rumble/wukong/yorick/j4 are my main tops, climbing from bronze 4 to silver 4 (current) and soon to b higher at this rate

BlueArtist

05-07-2013

Rumble, Yorick does fairly well too. Rumble with high sustain and then bullying everyone out of the lane, basically most melee tops, but he falls to Jax sometimes, or Jayce. Other than that teamfight potential is high, so I'd say Rumbru.

ASAP Grizzly

05-07-2013

I'd have to pick Jayce, but like others said, It's situational.
Jayce is probably one of the most versatile champions in the league, with a plethora of great ablities to combat all types of opponents with.You can farm safely at a distance with your ranged stance, and deliver devastating damage with your E-Q combo. You can knock back aggressors by switching to hammer stance and E'ing them away, even add in a Q if they popped ghost. Mana problems negated by his passive mana regen while in hammer stance. If his lane is good, he scales very well into late game, and can fill several roles in teamfights. A good Jayce should be able to hold his own even against those with mechanical advantages over him.
And to top it all off, his Full Metal skin is probably one of the coolest skins in the game (IMO)

RyoNeSs

05-07-2013

Singed so annoying to lane against past level 6

SHMEEPS phd

05-07-2013

if anyone says fiora I'll start snatching weaves