Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


PBE Forums are Dead

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRealAlastar

Senior Member

05-06-2013

Almost all parts of the League of Legends NA forums are user-generated and self-sufficient, meaning that it can get along fine and thrive without a single Red ever posting in them. This forum however (The PBE one) NEEDS the interjections of Reds in order to keep it going, to make it....useful, because the PBE is something more hands on than the rest of the League.

But...now that the PBE forums have been "moved" to a new spot (And these are still left here) we've noticed a complete lack of Red posts here, and thus, without the life force (Red posts) being pumped into the forum on a semi-regular basis, this only means one thing, this forum no longer matters, and is not being payed attention to by Riot.

This Forum is now Dead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wagons

Huntsman

05-06-2013

It's not dead, there just hasn't been a big update full of bugs to report, which is a good thing. However, the forums will probably be phased out for the PBE community site which is what Riot wants anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRealAlastar

Senior Member

05-06-2013

Quote:
Wagons:
It's not dead, there just hasn't been a big update full of bugs to report, which is a good thing. However, the forums will probably be phased out for the PBE community site which is what Riot wants anyway.


Dieing, then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotGrayswandir

QA Analyst

05-06-2013

Hey there, TheRealAlastar,

I completely understand your concerns about the move from this existing forum to the new PBE Community, but don't worry! Until we complete the transition and close down this subforum, Rioters continue to monitor both the new community and the forums here.

The only change from your previous experience is that new content and feature stickies will be posted both here and in the new community.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackDestruction

Recruiter

05-06-2013

Quote:
TheRealAlastar:
Almost all parts of the League of Legends NA forums are user-generated and self-sufficient, meaning that it can get along fine and thrive without a single Red ever posting in them. This forum however (The PBE one) NEEDS the interjections of Reds in order to keep it going, to make it....useful, because the PBE is something more hands on than the rest of the League.

But...now that the PBE forums have been "moved" to a new spot (And these are still left here) we've noticed a complete lack of Red posts here, and thus, without the life force (Red posts) being pumped into the forum on a semi-regular basis, this only means one thing, this forum no longer matters, and is not being payed attention to by Riot.

This Forum is now Dead.



That's because there is no reason to post there. There were plenty of Karma threads pointing out very real problems in her kit and we didn't get any response or acknowledgement into why they were leaving her in such a weak state on the PBE and pushing her out in that state.

Literally no reason to post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiyoSpirit

Senior Member

05-06-2013

I don't like the new PBE community. The posts are just way too messy, so I still use this one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maeyu

Senior Member

05-06-2013

Quote:
RiotGrayswandir:
Hey there, TheRealAlastar,

I completely understand your concerns about the move from this existing forum to the new PBE Community, but don't worry! Until we complete the transition and close down this subforum, Rioters continue to monitor both the new community and the forums here.

The only change from your previous experience is that new content and feature stickies will be posted both here and in the new community.


I don't bother with feedback anymore because no matter how many times I've played a champ, unless I reach Diamond/Challenger, I matter not.

We also report bugs in PBE and they go on LIVE despite us warning ahead of time. We can't help the rushing nature of your business, but why have PBE if not every detail isn't taken in to consideration. Certain ones like Lux's visibility on her newest skin, iBlitz's arm, Vi's release bugs, etc shoudn't have been seen by the general community since they were reported ahead of time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

namora

Senior Member

05-06-2013

Quote:
Maeyu:
I don't bother with feedback anymore because no matter how many times I've played a champ, unless I reach Diamond/Challenger, I matter not.

We also report bugs in PBE and they go on LIVE despite us warning ahead of time. We can't help the rushing nature of your business, but why have PBE if not every detail isn't taken in to consideration. Certain ones like Lux's visibility on her newest skin, iBlitz's arm, Vi's release bugs, etc shoudn't have been seen by the general community since they were reported ahead of time.


First off, your opinion matters, whether you think it does or not.
Secondly, bugs are rated with and by priority, meaning there are minor bugs, major bugs, and critical bugs. All critical bugs will hold up the release of a champion until resolved, while some major bugs might hold-up for a couple days and only a bunch of minor bugs can really push back the release date. So most champions have some minor bugs still that are low enough on the priority list that they don't get done for months or years at a time, which is why you see a couple QoL changes every patch or two.

Summoner namora, of the lower case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agatio

Recruiter

05-07-2013

Wait wait wait. PBE Community? I think I've been gone when that was introduced...

Traveling without internet sucks.

Edit: I found it! I like that it uses my PBE IGN there.
But I don't like not having a mouseover preview for the threads.


1