Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LEVEL 4 : WINNING ATTITUDE / WISDOM+ 1pt /AWARENESS +1pt APPEAL + 2pts/INCOM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silver Zen

05-05-2013

LEVEL 4 :
WINNING ATTITUDE

Rewards : WISDOM+ 1pt /AWARENESS +1pt
APPEAL + 2pts/INCOME + 2pts

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.”
~ Sun Tzu

A Zen gamer is a winning gamer. To be a winning gamer, you must have a winning attitude.

You won’t make money as a gamer without a winning attitude. Having a winning attitude is also the key for leveling your APPEAL; everyone wants to be around a winner.

There are many top-, mid-, and low-level players right now who can’t seem to make it to the winning level.

This book is about helping YOU to reach your highest level. It doesn’t matter if you are a pro or a new gamer.

Simply put, to reach your highest level, you must first eliminate that which holds you back. What holds you back? What keeps you from winning?

Does your mind start blaming something or someone, such as your teammates, a slow computer, or some outside distraction? When you cast about blame, you are cursing yourself and voting to lose. In other words you have defeated yourself.

If you notice that your mind likes to place blame, then your AWARENESS is getting stronger. When your AWARENESS levels are high enough, you can change your thoughts to a more positive theme.

When a Zen Gamer wins a game, he continues to focus on the positive. He enjoys the victory and honors his opponents.

When a Zen Gamer loses a game, he looks inside himself for tension, aggression, despair, depression, and any other negative emotions that nerf his gaming abilities. He immediately eliminates such feelings by refocusing on the positive.

Here is a story that illustrates how a Zen Gamer is able to focus on the positive even in the face of death:

One day while walking through the wilderness a Zen Gamer stumbled upon a vicious tiger. He ran but soon came to the edge of a high cliff. Desperate to save himself, he climbed down a vine and dangled over the fatal precipice.

As he hung there, two mice appeared from a hole in the cliff and began gnawing on the vine.

Suddenly, he noticed on the vine a plump wild strawberry. He plucked it and popped it in his mouth. It was incredibly delicious!

Focusing on the positive is also a very quick way to level up your APPEAL and INCOME.

Here is an example of how to focus on the positive. Imagine what I am about to describe in as much detail as possible.

Think of your favorite eSport game to play. Pick a game that never gets boring and brings a smile to your face.

This game is always fun, and you enjoy playing it as much as possible. You are naturally talented and find that with every game you play, your skill increases dramatically.

Now, imagine what it’s like to be ranked number one in that game. Imagine that you’ve been number one in the game for two weeks.

Imagine getting a nice contract with a popular sponsor. This sponsor puts you in touch with a professional team and flies you out to meet them.

They become your friends, and you all start competing in tournaments together.

Even amidst all this positive turmoil, you are still competing at a high level (winning 90 percent of your games) and still making improvements with each game played.

Imagine that you have more than enough money to travel to tournaments anywhere in the world. You love competing with high-level players, and many of them are your friends.

You win your first big tournament, and even more opportunities open up for you.

Imagine how exciting every day is…….

This is just one way of positive thinking. Be creative and have fun with the process. Remember life is your own personal story. Write with positive words and happy thoughts.

“The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.”
~ Confucius

I've cut and paste Level 4 of "Zen Gaming and the Art of Electronic Sports" - please forgive the formatting it looks much better in book form- if you would like a free eBook copy e-mail me a [email]zenleegaming@gmail.com[/email] or like my facebook page(link below)

Hard copies of "Zen Gaming and the Art of Electronic Sports" are available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. If you have a kindle you can borrow for free.

Please leave positive and constructive comments and I will work hard on making a better eSports for everyone. Also let me know if you are interested and I will post more Levels from the book

Your Friend,
Lee Southard

[email]zenleegaming@gmail.com[/email]

https://twitter.com/zenleegaming (follow me as I create an international team of Zen Gamers based in Taiwan, see recruiting page)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zen-G...85222931574953 (This page is dedicated to gamers. Inspiration, motivation, news, and uplifting words of wisdom. eSports is the future of competitive sports.)((Likes are really appreciated as it helps Zen Gaming become more well known)) Also message me for free copy of eBook

Sinasta1

05-05-2013

wow- epic post -love how eSports is growing this is the first book I've seen that helps gamers

CirCe2

05-05-2013

I was waiting for you to post this thank you! I agree with Sinasta eSports needs more books! This is the first one I've ever seen, you have my support.

Zen Lee

05-05-2013

I am very interested in Zen - going to read your other post first but I am buy your book

Nikmirg

05-05-2013

The zen totally makes sense. I agree that you need to have a winning mentality if you're determined to win games. I think that you should always consider having fun while winning too. Don't get tunnel vision, It hurts your brain