Warwick Remake!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MDCityAPOP

05-05-2013

Introduction

As a long time player, I love playing older champions that are still viable but sadly Warwick is not one of those champions who are still viable. I love the idea of a melee champion who is best built with on-hit effect items and I would like to see him stay that way. The major things that are wrong with Warwick as a jungler, top-lane AD are that: He has no AoE for jungling. This is easily replaced by his amazing sustain and it is understandable that he does not have any AoE due to it. Ganking, his pre level 6 ganks are extremely poor and he is better off staying in the jungle. As a top laner, he has amazing sustain but only if he can stay with the minions. Characters like pantheon and gangplank will easily abuse him away from his minions. With this being said Warwick does have amazing sustain and the ability to double hit in trades with his Q and an auto attack. In short he is a decent jungler and a good top but very easy to counter. However his usefulness in teamfights is very limited.

Teamfight Issues

So what is Warwick really? His kit implies that he is suppose to be a tanky assassin that uses on-hit effects to apply damage. He is able to initiate but should he? After Warwick uses his ultimate and maybe gets off his attack speed buff to help his team he is normally dead. If he is designed to be an initiator then why doesn't he have any way to reduce damage while he uses his ultimate that leaves him EXTREMELY vulnerable?

General Fighting Issues

With Warwick's kit he will be kited by nearly any ranged until he dies. His E can give him a good speed buff but that only works if the enemy is below 50%. His ultimate is his only gap closer but he continues to channel his ultimate while the enemy is free to run around. Gap closing is probably his biggest issue.

My Personal Warwick Remake

This is what I would do if I were the one responsible to remake Warwick.

Eternal Thirst
Each of Warwick's auto attacks deal 5/6/7/8/9/10/11/11.5/12/12.5/13/13.5/14/14.5/15/15.5/16/16.5 additional true damage and heal him for the same amount. Each successive attack against the same target will stack this amount of healing and damage up to a maximum of 2 stacks. The stacks remain for 4 seconds.

Hungering Strike Range 400, Cooldown 10/9/8/7/6, Cost 70/80/90/100/110 mana
Warwick swipes at a target enemy, dealing magic damage for the greater value between a flat minimum amount or a percentage of the target's maximum health (if the target is a champion), also applies on-hit effects and slows the target by 10%/15%/20%/20%/20% for two seconds. Hungering Strike can only deal the flat damage to minions and monsters. Warwick heals himself for 80% of the damage dealt after reductions.
Max Magic Damage to Champions: 8%/10%/ 12% /14%/16% of target's maximum health
Flat Minimum Damage: 75/125/175/225/275

Hunters Call Cooldown 20/18/16/14/12 Cost 35 mana
Passive: Increases Warwick's attack speed by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%
Active: Warwick heals for 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% of all damage he deals within four seconds.

Blood Scent Passive Range: 1500/2300/3100/3900/4700 Active Range: 500 Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10 Cost: 50 mana
Passive: Warwick reveals enemy champions within range with less than 60% health.
Active: Leaps at target location (small, intended for single target) dealing 50/75/100/150/200 magical damage and slowing affected targets by 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% for three seconds.

Infinite Duress Range: 850 Cooldown: 110/100/90 Cost: 100/125/150 mana

Warwick blinks to target enemy suppressing them for three seconds and channeling for three seconds. While channeling Warwick deals an increased 20%/30%/40% damage from every source. Warwick delivers a total of 6 auto attacks each auto attack dealing his total amount of ad and applying on-hit effects. While Warwick is channeling he is immune to disables.

Conclusion

I got all of my technical information from http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Warwick. I would not remake any of his base stats and I feel that this remake would make him much more viable at what he was designed to do. He will be an assassin who has a kit to jungle and provide good ganks. Thank you for reading this remake that I have created for Warwick and give me a bump if you agree that Warwick needs a remake. Let me know what you think of the changes that I would personally give Warwick.

Zacaru

05-05-2013

wrong section, also warwick is viable, i play him in ranked all the time... 64.6% win rate.

MDCityAPOP

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacaru View Post
wrong section, also warwick is viable, i play him in ranked all the time... 64.6% win rate.
that bronze ranking

Zacaru

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCityAPOP View Post
that bronze ranking
><? im plat 3...

xInfernal Ninjax

10-06-2013

If warwick had something like rengar's passive, it would help him a lot

chummingt0n

10-06-2013

Rengar is different because his bust and "make the enemy pee their pants" play style. The exact play style for an assassin, in my opinion rengar is the best assassin out there.

PlsApport

10-06-2013

Lol, that passive is incredibly broken, I hope you know that.

iKOuRH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCityAPOP View Post
that bronze ranking
ok, now we know he is an *******... assuming somebody is low ranked because you believe a certain character is under powered. WW is not the best, but certainly not the worst. Yes, his pre 6 ganks are weak, but if your friend has hard CC, it works out well. WW is great for counter jungling since he has great amount of lifesteal. After 6 in lane phase, a gank almost guarantees a kill.

vortexofwonder

02-07-2014

Your remake basically makes him the most overpowered champion ever.