Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Poke = Win, there needs to be a change here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zielmann

Senior Member

05-05-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
ok, for those that have played ARAM for a long time, your forgetting one key thing, those matches were set up with groups of people who inteneded to play as teams right from the start. these new ARAMs are random mixes of players, they don't know each other, they're not talking on vent, or in the same room, or have any sorta of connection. Hands down teamwork will almost allways make up for any disadvantage.


Um. What?

Old ARAMs were a totally random group of players who happened to join the same custom game lobby. ARAM wasn't something that a just a small group of people played, especially after Proving Grounds came out, which raised awareness of the game mode a bit. During peak hours, there would easily be over 100 ARAM games set up in the custom lobby. Games toward the top of the list would tend to fill in a matter of seconds. And even games further down would usually take no more than 5 minutes to fill.

They were exactly what you say 'new ARAM' is: random mixes of players who don't know each other, aren't talking on vent, aren't in the same room, and have no connection to each other whatsoever.

The only difference is that now with MMR taken into account, you should at least be getting paired with people who play at a similar level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flaming Tribble

Senior Member

05-05-2013

but i LIKE the random toon thing, i also like the map, and i LOVE grand Melee (that means all out brawl of knights), what i don't like is being shafted with a team with no tank, or no poke, or basicly a set up that makes ur team unviable in the early game, unless ur skilled GROUP of people that got together and can comunicate. Totaly Random toons with Totaly Random players is too Random.

they could be yes, but not usually, at least not in my experice of them, generally they were set up, where people at the very least got to chat, discuss, before they set off for battle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zielmann

Senior Member

05-05-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
but i LIKE the random toon thing, i also like the map, and i LOVE grand Melee (that means all out brawl of knights), what i don't like is being shafted with a team with no tank, or no poke, or basicly a set up that makes ur team unviable in the early game, unless ur skilled GROUP of people that got together and can comunicate. Totaly Random toons with Totaly Random players is too Random.


If your team comp is that bad, see if somebody will re-roll. That's a decent example of what they were put in the game mode for.

Quote:
they could be yes, but not usually, at least not in my experice of them, generally they were set up, where people at the very least got to chat, discuss, before they set off for battle.


They got to chat before hand because there's a chat available for all to use during champion select. In general, if people wanted to discuss any strategy at all, they would do it then. But really, people didn't even do that all that much.

ARAMs were, by and large, completely random groups of players. And they still are, unless you choose to queue as a group.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warmeat

Senior Member

05-05-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
but i LIKE the random toon thing, i also like the map, and i LOVE grand Melee (that means all out brawl of knights), what i don't like is being shafted with a team with no tank, or no poke, or basicly a set up that makes ur team unviable in the early game, unless ur skilled GROUP of people that got together and can comunicate. Totaly Random toons with Totaly Random players is too Random.

they could be yes, but not usually, at least not in my experice of them, generally they were set up, where people at the very least got to chat, discuss, before they set off for battle.

i am already close to 50 wins and i been working everyda all week, and in that time i have not seem many bad matchups it been very balance , i have won games with all tanks no poke and won and had lux and nid and lost, but for most part 1-10 games is a really bad matchup but that has to do more with the players, if they all crappy cards in there deck cause they love melee then thats there fault,alot of players might have only melee and then you roll a melee and thats probably the problem, when you get players like me with 60 we see a good blance game in and out, main reason im playing so many arams is because i dont want a crappy MMR and be with guys who own 2 champs and cry all game cause they keep getting free champs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bensam123

Senior Member

05-05-2013

Player skill makes up for a lot, but there simply are really disadvantageous matchups. Honestly warmogs should still be in the game for this very same reason. They're padding that melee champions need to get close without instantly dying. Bruisers and tanks are simply too squishy now, even with magic resistance and armor. They need health.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warmeat

Senior Member

05-05-2013

Quote:
Bensam123:
Player skill makes up for a lot, but there simply are really disadvantageous matchups. Honestly warmogs should still be in the game for this very same reason. They're padding that melee champions need to get close without instantly dying. Bruisers and tanks are simply too squishy now, even with magic resistance and armor. They need health.

i think this is only because so many players have very little champion selection, aram is more for veteran players who been playing so long they have multiple rune pages and have alot of champs, these guys with 16 or so champions really ruin it for other players, if i have 62 champs and i /roll i can roll melee or range ap or ad, but other players with 16champs will only r/roll there small selection can make it an all melee group if thats what they play, ofcourse these are the guys running on here asking for poke nerfs, but this mode IMO is for veteran players who have alot of champs thru the years.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bensam123

Senior Member

05-05-2013

How does that relate to bruisers and tanks not being able to get near poke because they're too squishy?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AuntieJemima

Senior Member

05-05-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
k, the novelety has kinda warn off here. after almost 40 games im getting a little sick of the almost obvious fact that if team has poke (or lots of ranged) its almost a certain win were as the team with less poke is at a vast disadvantage.

There need to be changes here, either branching curves around the single lane
I
(I)
I
Like this
more bushes, some kinda hyper movement item, im not sure, but there's got to be some way for melee damage to close the distance without getting murdered (if there isn't a viable tank, which there often isn't).

anyone else have suggestions?


This is only true if the team with poke is up against 5 squishy melee champs with non-initiating ultimates.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rockitblackguy

Senior Member

05-05-2013

Warmongs Armor needs to come back, it's the only viable item for a bruiser to survive long enough to get fed in a comp that's heavily melee centric.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warmeat

Senior Member

05-05-2013

Quote:
Bensam123:
How does that relate to bruisers and tanks not being able to get near poke because they're too squishy?

the Golden horn works great, its got like a 30 sec cooldown you can spam a ghost like spell over and over and it give you 20 mr and armor everytime you use it. use item rush in then rush out