Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Poke = Win, there needs to be a change here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

W3rDGotMilk

05-05-2013

I remember buying oracles and wards back in the day and not having problems any more. Yes they still nerfed him into the ground though.

Flaming Tribble

05-05-2013

fine some players are stupid, but the fact still remains, Poke = win too much of the time for it to be fair.

FDru

05-05-2013

Riot needs to balance the game, not the map. Champs with absurd range should be nearly useless in melee, but instead you have Jayce who can AOE nuke your team from a screen away and then chunk half of your HP and AOE slow you in melee, then knock you back and run away safely because he really needs to be able to do that right?

Then Lux fires 900 damage ults from 2 screen away every ~30 seconds. You would think this champ would fall to pieces when you get near her right? NOPE. AOE slow, AOE root, double shield. Good luck killing a Lux with a brain pretty much ever.

Though they could probably have made the map a little wider, which was a common suggestion for Proving Grounds. And IMO those middle bushes do very little for melee and just empower ranged champs to sit in them and fire their long ranged skillshots from safety with very little you can do about it.

Zielmann

05-05-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
fine some players are stupid, but the fact still remains, Poke = win too much of the time for it to be fair.

You have 40 games of experience with ARAM. I have well over 1000 (I'd be afraid to know the real number...). I have to respectfully disagree with your over-generalization based on a fairly small sample of games.

xKaizokux

05-05-2013

I've had a team with 5 melees vs 4 ranged and a Katarina and I was playing an Udyr...
What was the result? We won with at the late game where their poke did nothing
sure we got dominated 15-2 first 10 mins but even a team with 5 melees can dominate ranged if they play and build right. I even ended up with 24-17-33 with Udyr, who is considered one of the worst aram champions

tl:dr You may lose against poke most of the time but a team with 5 melees can still do well, its how the mode works

Flaming Tribble

05-05-2013

ok, for those that have played ARAM for a long time, your forgetting one key thing, those matches were set up with groups of people who inteneded to play as teams right from the start. these new ARAMs are random mixes of players, they don't know each other, they're not talking on vent, or in the same room, or have any sorta of connection. Hands down teamwork will almost allways make up for any disadvantage.

There's a very good reason however that soloing up the quene in Ranked doesn't produce good results very often. the same thing applys here, only its much MUCH worse. I don't think its too much to ask for riot to give people random toons from a mix, to form a well matched vs team

Warmeat

05-05-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
k, the novelety has kinda warn off here. after almost 40 games im getting a little sick of the almost obvious fact that if team has poke (or lots of ranged) its almost a certain win were as the team with less poke is at a vast disadvantage.

There need to be changes here, either branching curves around the single lane
I
(I)
I
Like this
more bushes, some kinda hyper movement item, im not sure, but there's got to be some way for melee damage to close the distance without getting murdered (if there isn't a viable tank, which there often isn't).

anyone else have suggestions?

after 40 wins i realize poke is just good early game, like a few players already said, i hate being melee early game vs these teams but alil patience and later more hp/MR help you counter them.i won a Shen/singed/jarvan/sejuani game with a tristanta.so yea your wrong.

Warmeat

05-05-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
ever heard of Poker? does a player stand up in disgust when he gets a 2 and 5 and 8 ??? no its part of the game, take advantage when you have a great hand and when you have a bad hand?? you usally lose. Arams alot like cards, each champ is a card and everytime you play a game you can get a good card or a bad card, but thats the rules.

Flaming Tribble

05-05-2013

this isn't poker this is Leauge of Legends, poker is a game of luck and odds, Leauge of Legends should be more about skill and a lot less about luck. ARAM is too much Luck then it needs to be

Warmeat

05-05-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
this isn't poker this is Leauge of Legends
no your wrong Riot decided they wanted Aram to be more like poker than Summoners Rift if you dont like that go play Summones Rift or Dominion.