Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Poke = Win, there needs to be a change here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flaming Tribble

05-05-2013

k, the novelety has kinda warn off here. after almost 40 games im getting a little sick of the almost obvious fact that if team has poke (or lots of ranged) its almost a certain win were as the team with less poke is at a vast disadvantage.

There need to be changes here, either branching curves around the single lane
I
(I)
I
Like this
more bushes, some kinda hyper movement item, im not sure, but there's got to be some way for melee damage to close the distance without getting murdered (if there isn't a viable tank, which there often isn't).

anyone else have suggestions?

yobhguod

05-05-2013

I'm seeing the same exact thing, if you have 3 melee or more you automatically lose. No matter what someone says you will lose. If the other team even has 2 pokes (even **** pokes) they'll win. Melee is anti-aram and tanks are garbage till the 15 minute mark, but by that time the enemy ADC or APC will have been fed so much that it's impossible to come back. I've only came back twice out of my 41 wins where we should have lost. I have only had 3 games where my team had a OP poke comp. I've lost more than 41 games I can tell you that, and it's been because of Lux, Sivir, Nid, Cass, Kass, Gragas, Karth, or a Shaco. Everytime the enemy team has any of these, I almost always lose. I have only bee ranged on aram probably 20% of my time.

Aram = Poke vs. No Poke

Big Rage Dave

05-05-2013

I actually disagree. From what I've seen, Poke comps dominate early game for sure. But as mid to late creeps up, as long as they haven't fed, the melee characters start wrecking once theyve stacked some defensive items. Tanks especially become semi-indestructible and super disruptive once level 12 goes by if the team works well together.

CAtnium2

05-05-2013

Quote:
A Pair Of Balls

do a forum search on that

Zielmann

05-05-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
k, the novelety has kinda warn off here. after almost 40 games im getting a little sick of the almost obvious fact that if team has poke (or lots of ranged) its almost a certain win were as the team with less poke is at a vast disadvantage.

There need to be changes here, either branching curves around the single lane
I
(I)
I
Like this
more bushes, some kinda hyper movement item, im not sure, but there's got to be some way for melee damage to close the distance without getting murdered (if there isn't a viable tank, which there often isn't).

anyone else have suggestions?

Poke teams usually have a stronger early game and fall off late game. Melee/tank heavy teams are often more late-game oriented champions. Also, teams with heavy engage can win by just hard engaging the poke team while they're all full. Their other option is to sit back and wait to engage (or counter-engage) when they're already at half-health. Which do you think would be more effective?

Late-game teams can and do win in ARAM. If they are able to hold their own for long enough to start getting more fully built, they will reach a tipping point where they start going even with the other team in fights, and then eventually start winning fights. If you pay attention to it, it's usually even something you can feel from either end of it. I've had games where I'm losing early, but we reach a point where I suddenly feel "man, there's hope here. We've got this". Other games I've been against a late-game team, and you can feel when your team starts losing control of the game. You start to feel desperate because you know at that point, unless the other team screws up drastically, you're doomed to just slowly watching the match slip away from you.

This comes from nearly 3 years of playing ARAMs at this point. I've just about seen it all.

yobhguod

05-05-2013

Quote:
Big Rage Dave:
I actually disagree. From what I've seen, Poke comps dominate early game for sure. But as mid to late creeps up, as long as they haven't fed, the melee characters start wrecking once theyve stacked some defensive items. Tanks especially become semi-indestructible and super disruptive once level 12 goes by if the team works well together.

I know exactly what you mean, I've experienced it and came back from behind, but the enemy team needs to make many mistakes, one being chasing 1-2 people with half hp and their team runs up from behind. That momentum is usually used to win but most people don't understand this. Also with early game poke, if the poke is rediculous they usually have 3-4 kills to 1. Most of the time it's 2-3 but normally it's 3-4 kills to 1. Melee champion are good but with only having 1-2 tank items, the enemy team who has poke champions usually get 4 solid items to our 1 or 2 solid items. There needs to be a handicap.

Also the turrets don't do enough damage nor do they have enough hp/defenses. I saw a 200hp shaco with base armor/mr tank a turret with just barrier while his team dove and killed 3 of my team mates. I had to just laugh because the turret was only doing 180-200 damage a hit and that's it. Barrier was absorbing 400 + damage by this time and it's too much.

They need a new passive aura on the map that reduces bubble absorbs by 20% to keep up with the -20% healing/healing passives/healing effects. If they do this, then it will become more balanced and melee will do better. I rarely see people using summoner spells other than barrier with flash/exhaust/ignite. Barrier is too over powered early game and late game it balances out.

Flaming Tribble

05-05-2013

not sure how to quote people but yes melee/tank can domiate late game, but that requires like well brains. its frustrating to the point that laught my butt off seeing people that keep walking face first into nids spear, or even worse Jania's slow hurricane, as everyone huddles around the tower trying to keep it up, but trying not to get hit, testing their ADHD every sec. nobody wants to wait around 20 min for the tide to turn becuase they got less poke.

Zielmann

05-05-2013

Quote:
Flaming Tribble:
not sure how to quote people but yes melee/tank can domiate late game, but that requires like well brains. its frustrating to the point that laught my butt off seeing people that keep walking face first into nids spear, or even worse Jania's slow hurricane, as everyone huddles around the tower trying to keep it up, but trying not to get hit, testing their ADHD every sec. nobody wants to wait around 20 min for the tide to turn becuase they got less poke.

So, your thread shouldn't be "Poke = Win", it should be "Stupid Players = Loss". Stupid players with super-poke champions are going to be just as useless to their team.

I see no reason why bad players shouldn't lose.

Also, those late-game turn around games when you have the 'inferior' team comp are by far some of the most satisfying games to have in ARAM.

W3rDGotMilk

05-05-2013

Poke teams are pub wreckers, just as twitch was way back in the day. People learned how to play better and it wasn't so op after a while. No champions poke is unavoidable, dodge it and build sustain for what you don't dodge then win late game.

Festive Crank

05-05-2013

Your twitch analogy is terrible. He got nerfed into the ground for 5 patches in a row until he was unplayable. People didn't learn how to play against him at all and Riot stepped in and made him unplayable until someone figured out you could jungle with him and get easy lvl 2 FB's and then the stealth rework made him viable again.

On subject if the team is all poke with no tank they lose late game unless the other team is just...slow.