Armor Pen Boots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

demestoss

05-05-2013

Riot why don't these exist?

There are Magic pen boots, so it's always seemed strange to me that there are no Armor pen boots.

Is there a reason for this?

The reason i think they belong is for those times (and they may be a little scarce) that on an Ad caster / Assassin or a non attack speed based bruiser that you would rather build Pen boots. At the moment the only choice is to go a defensive pair, utility, or the CD boots, so where is the offensive pair for these AD Champs that don't want attack speed?

demestoss

05-05-2013

Good Morning Bump

Spaghadeity

05-05-2013

because there's already enough armor pen.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2013

Would be OP

Seeker's Armguard and Zhonya's would need a bump in armor to compensate for it because bruisers and assassins that scale off AD already crush mages and armguard is the only reason every mage in the game hasn't received +10 base armor in S3

AxeFresh

05-05-2013

it's because adc's are beastly enough as is.

The trade off with them is they typically have a weak early game, and then snowball like mad lategame. Arpen boots would just quicken this process and probably turn tanks into swiss cheese

Sir Section 8

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghadeity View Post
because there's already enough armor pen.
LIES! You can never have too much Armor Pen.

demestoss

05-05-2013

but there isn't too much armor pen around, brutalizer and haunting guise fill the exact same roll, just as void staff and last whisper fill the exact same roll. Abysal scepter is another magic option, although it's arguable that black cleaver provides a similar effect.

But that still doesn't give me Armor pen boots!!!! if theres room for magic pen, when it is harder to itemize MR then there should be Armor pen options, plenty of armor everywhere.

demestoss

05-05-2013

I want pen boots!!!!

NotBuzzJack

05-05-2013

What, so people can complain about Kha'zix some more?

Corporal Cupcake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2013

It's probably because there used to not be enough Mpen, sorc shoes, void staff, and haunting guise (very rarely built because it built into nothing), but now that there's more options for Mpen I wouldn't mind armor pen boots. Although they'd have to be pretty expensive.