Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gain 4 LP per win and lose TWENTY for one loss?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luhz

09-16-2014

lol did you go on some sort of epic losing period or something?
I've always felt like the system was kind of like a coach to me, rewarding me in times when I'm doing good by letting me skip divisions and etc, and making sure I deserve to get out after times that i've done poorly by making me lose more per loss than i gain per win, but i've never had my mmr so bad that i gain 5 for win and 30 for loss. right now it's closer to the opposite of that actually

for some people bronze is where they actually belong, and there's nothing wrong with that. everyone acts like you NEED to climb the ladder, you don't. If your lp gains are that low and your losses are so high, it's the system telling you you're gonna have to hardcore carry some games to prove yourself worthy of silver tier due to whatever mess you went through before that made your MMR so awful and made the system think, "wow this guy really is not ready for silver yet!" And it doesn't necesarilly mean you'll be gaining 5 and losing 30 the whole way through, as you prove yourself more and more by winning a higher % of your matches those numbers will get better and better

HashTag G Money

09-18-2014

ive been playing this game since beta and ive never seen anything this stupid. i played one game gained 10 LP at d1 19 LP then played another game lost the game and lost 29 points.... i dont understand.

Laughing Bull

09-19-2014

I agree.

I play so many games where people afk, troll, feed, rage, and/or play champions or roles that they are not proficient at at all.

It would be nice if there was a required number of Normal Team Builder or Normal Draft games they have to play with a champion AND role before they are allowed to bring it into Ranked Solo Que.

If you lose to someone Duo queing you should lose less points or if someone goes afk you should have loss prevention and not lose any at all.

You can't have a positive win rate if 75% of the time you have someone going afk, trolling, feeding, rageing, and/or play champions or roles that they are not proficient at at all.

75% is probably really a low percentage that these things happen it's probably higher. So this means I have very little control over my elo. It is not dependent on just my skill.

I play 99% of my games actually "solo" que and I feel that people that are duo queing have HUGE advantages. This shouldn't mean that I am basically required to Duo if I want to get out of gold. That would seem very unfair. Though since there are a lot of aspects of this game that are unfair...I'm not surprised ((

Japanda5fingers

09-21-2014

I seriously am getting pissed off at how much effort i have to put in just to get up in divisions. It is so frustrating when i play and win 7 games and only get up to around 50LP while losing 2 games and im back down to 0LP. thats really unfair and even if i dont know how the system works i still think Riot should be fair about winning and losing LP

G2 Luffy

09-22-2014

i also have this problem, gain 15 lp and lose 30, my mmr is higher than average in d4, this has never happened to me and i've been playing since beta, this started 3 days ago

G2 Luffy

09-23-2014

Quote:
7175orGTFO:
when u lose way more lp than what u win its because u have a negative win rate. wjat u guys gotta do is get better, forget about the lp and focus on getting a positive win rate and after that ull start earning more lp.

lets say u have 30 wins and 60 losses. if u win 8 games and lose 2, ur probably going back to 0 lp, but now ull have 38 wins and 62 loses...if u keep it up ull have a positive win rate and it will be easier to climb.

not true, im 83-61, until 3 days ago i've always been gaining more lp when i win and losing hardly any when i lose, however 3days ago, i was climbing the ladder like normal and 1 game for some reason i lost 30 lp, i was confused this is twice as much as i normally lose, than i won the next game and only got 15 lp? and for some reason its been like this ever since, it literally just came out of no where, i had never gone on loss streaks, in fact was on a big win streak when this started happening. now it is impossible to clim, i have to win 75% of the time if i want to climb, challenger players dont win this much.... thx rito

Tomakok

09-30-2014

im having the same problem, i won 4 games in a row got about 24 or something lp and then i lost once and it took away 21... with the amount of trolls, or just bad players it is impossible to win even like 7 games + in a row because u always get that unlucky match up. the system needs to be changed, it is getting harsh.

Deweaponizer

10-04-2014

i have the same problem too, this is getting ridiculous. It is so hard just to win one game, either because your team trolls, dc's, or feeds. then when you do get a few wins it only takes one loss to bring it down so badly and it takes away the motivation to play another game. riot needs to fix this.