Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gain 4 LP per win and lose TWENTY for one loss?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

simpsonboy77

06-17-2013

Quote:
Arcticfury:
Riot has explicitly said repeatedly that you cannot fall Leagues, only tiers. If you were Plat 5 you'd still be Plat 5.

False, I didn't play ranked for 4 weeks.

Arcticfury

06-17-2013

Quote:
simpsonboy77:
False, I didn't play ranked for 4 weeks.

Wow, I just read that in the FAQ, turns out you're right, it wasn't there a while back. Well I guess you'll play less customs and ARAM in the future, sucks to drop for inactivity. But at the same time you should have to maintain your ranking.

simpsonboy77

06-17-2013

Quote:
Arcticfury:
Wow, I just read that in the FAQ, turns out you're right, it wasn't there a while back. Well I guess you'll play less customs and ARAM in the future, sucks to drop for inactivity. But at the same time you should have to maintain your ranking.

I blame no one for it other than myself. I'm not really worried about getting back up there, the 2 gold 1 games were complete roftstomps.

FDC Senpai

06-18-2013

lol same here,losing a game -25 and winning only 10-17 points,thats suck why losing a game loses alot of point instead of winning,i though the new ranked system is to encourage people

simpsonboy77

06-18-2013

Quote:
midkiller:
lol same here,losing a game -25 and winning only 10-17 points,thats suck why losing a game loses alot of point instead of winning,i though the new ranked system is to encourage people

This means your league standing is higher than your MMR. Basically you are a bronze 2, but the system thinks you should be a bronze 3. If you win a few in a row you will notice that the gains will start to go up (and likewise the losses will start to decrease).

DoYouEvenFaker

06-18-2013

How do you find calculate your MMR? Just curious. Is it like Win/Lose ratio?

Arcticfury

06-18-2013

Quote:
ninjabunneh:
How do you find calculate your MMR? Just curious. Is it like Win/Lose ratio?

It's loosely based on your current rating, which starts out at 1200, combined with your team's MMR rating and then compared against your opponents combined MMR. Base MMR per game is +-15. If your opponents are higher than you then your loss is worth less than 15 and your wins are worth more, likewise if they are lower than you then your losses are worth more than 15 and you wins are less. But it is far more convoluted and Riot has all sorts of buffers that can change this but have refused to share them.

But this gives you a generalized idea.

DoYouEvenFaker

06-18-2013

Thanks

Arcticfury

06-18-2013

Quote:
ninjabunneh:
Thanks

You're welcome. The longer you play the more it should balance, there is some debate on whether it balances or how long it takes to balance, but the goal is that it will balance.

So if you win more than you lose you should move up unless it's barely. For example if you win 2% more games than you lose there is a chance you can fall in MMR because your opponents could be ranked less than you more often than higher.

Ranked is a whole different thing however.

Legendary Honor

06-18-2013

Haha, i just got into Silver V. My hypothesis is that the first few games in the Tier 1 Division you receive very little amount of Lp and after you pass 50 you start to receive regular amount of lp.

Not the best response but i tried

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/40949881#profile

+321 Lolkingscore :L another thing i wonder about