Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gain 4 LP per win and lose TWENTY for one loss?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suppi

06-12-2013

I understand "MMR" is an issue here, but it's still absurd.

From GoldV; I won 5 games in a row, starting at +4LP up to about 16-17 for the last 2, then I lose 3 matches in a row, the last one making me drop 26 points into 0.

I don't understand what Riot is trying to do with a system like this but if the average is 16-17, winning 8 games in a row to jump up a rank sounds pretty absurd.

Nanakí

06-12-2013

its because their MMR system is broken, it doesn't work the way they claim it does. I had a 2 day span 2 weeks ago where out of 23 games played, I won 18 and went from 88 points in silver 1 to 0 points in silver 1. winning +1 per game or even +0 in one of them, and losing 20-26 per game.

MysticUnicycle

06-13-2013

I just lost 36 points in a single game. A game that included a leaver who left less than 5 minutes into the game. This happened to be the fifth game in a row that included some form of leaver/troll.

BigDaddyWarbux

06-13-2013

I'm only at 35 LP in my league and I have been getting +3 LP per win and losing ~17 for a loss.
There's not really any point in playing ranked anymore, except that I really enjoy the games a lot more than normals.

Arcticfury

06-13-2013

So I've figured out the system, it goes like this. If you get a win you throw a 30 sided die, if you get a loss imagine five 6 sided dice are thrown. It seems fair that you'll be able to get up to 30 LP gain or loss, but the truth of the matter is after 10 wins and 10 losses you'll lose LP. Why, because 1 through 30 all have equal shots, whereas 5-30 during a loss actually have a greater shot of putting you at 17 or 18. So in truth you have 50% of getting a 15-20 LP loss. It works out badly. It's the only thing that explains the infrequency being towards losing more LP rather than gaining.

I find it hard to swallow Riot's explanation that some gain more LP than lose while the majority of us suffer far more LP loss than gains. And in their example those who get large gains are on large win streaks, those of us that are closer to 50-60% win ratios suffer, those with 90%+ get the gains. I call FOUL.

Xilky

06-15-2013

I just won 4 games in a row, then lost one game... and lost 32 LP for one loss... gained about 10-12 points on the 4th win game... 5th game I lose 32 LP for one loss... Riot please fix your **** this is complete and total bullcrap.....

CJ Entus EIsa

06-16-2013

Seriously,
5-12LP per win
and at least -20~30LP per lose.

My win ratio is like 60%
and can't get out of Gold V?
this is pretty dumb system.

iPro Frank

Recruiter

06-17-2013

The Reason I found this post today is because I am mad as well. I was on a 4 win streak game to win 4 - 5 Lp and my last game had Ahri and i still did well and lost all the Lp I earned. Its hard enough to put in 4 games in 1 day to lose it in 45 mins

simpsonboy77

06-17-2013

First of all moving up shouldn't happen just because you are playing. It should happen because you improve as a player.

Skewed gains and losses go both ways. If your hidden MMR is higher than your league standings going 50/50 will net a gradual rise.

On my account I only lose around 8-10LP but I gain 30+ on a win. I was in plat 5 with 22LP, but I didn't play ranked for a month and dropped to gold 1. From there I lost a game, and went from 75 to 66LP. Then I won a game and got to 99. I won again and I'm in my promo back to plat. I even duo'd with a friend who is bronze and we still got matched against mid plats, and even a diamond 4. I'm hoping to finish my gold 1 series, then get to my plat 5 series where I can skip plat 4.

Clamping is to prevent players from moving up before they are ready, since you cannot drop a tier. Lets say a bronze 2 player gets a lucky streak and makes it into silver 5. He will forever be stuck there since his MMR will drop back down to bronze 2, but his league standing would still be silver 5. The system would probably give him 5 per win and -25 per loss. This is so he can't get to silver 4 as easily since hes already above where he should be. I think forever silver 5 is worse than teetering on bronze 1. There are actually more silver 5 players than bronze 1. http://i.imgur.com/DPMA22l.png

Arcticfury

06-17-2013

Riot has explicitly said repeatedly that you cannot fall Leagues, only tiers. If you were Plat 5 you'd still be Plat 5.