Riot why do you release assassins.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IAmTheOneWhoNocs

05-04-2013

The concept idea of an assassin is totally misleading and just ends in all of them getting nerfed.

Assassins job is to kill the carry.

Mindset of a carry:Ohh a guy jumped on me and killed me so fast, he does so much damage and I couldn't defend myself he must be broken.

I understand that assassins may seem like a cool idea but they are lacking and are just unfun to the person not playing the assassin.

Look at leblanc she does her job as an assassin very well, but people just see her burst down a carry and immeditly run seeing how she killed X player so quickly.

Tl;dr: Assassins are always nerfed all of them should be cooldown based, so they can kill 1 person and need to wait a bit before another kill.
Example: Leblanc.

squirrelah

05-04-2013

really cause i think leblanc is the perfect example of an unfun champion.

annoying during laning, and then late game her only job is to blow someone up then be useless.

Holy Malevolence

05-04-2013

I think the problem is less their releasing assassins and more their inability to make a competent one.
The only recent excuse for an assassin is Diana, who's too many parts bruiser and not enough parts assassin. Zed's as far from an assassin as you can get and Kha'Zix has the concept ripped away from him with unholy(HA) vigor by the inclusion of his W.

Their best assassin, who recently got nerfed for the second time in.... Isn't it three years? Considering the first was a placebo and the second is pretty much universally agreed upon as being completely unnecessary, she as an assassin is basically the definition of balance.
Anyway, she's an assassin done right.
High risk, tricks included, moderate to low durability, the ability to kill ****.

Creating 'assassins' who can just as easily sit three hundred meters away firing rockets, shurikens, or moon power lowers the inherent risk needed to properly balance the class. It's part of why Leblanc is terrible design. You don't make safe assassins, murder bots need high reward, which needs to be balanced by high risk.
Kha'Zix is ruined by being able to evolve his W and blow everything up from a safe distance, Diana is plagued by being too many parts bruiser, and Zed's problem is that people were eating paint chips when they designed him.