Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can't create summoner name

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ours Is The Fury

11-13-2010

My brother just made an account, and it won't allow him to create a summoner name. He can't log in to the forums to request help because it requires your summoner name to log in. He created an account, and it allows him to log in, but when trying to create a summoner name the accept button is always greyed out. I don't think it is a computer settings issue, because I tried to log in to his account from my computer to create the name, and it still wouldn't work. I have used this computer to create my account.

Thanks for your help.

Eambo

Recruiter

11-13-2010

On the computer having issues:

- Download Internet Explorer 8, if you don't already have it
- Open up IE8, and go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings
- Make sure everything is unchecked apart from possibly "Automatically Detect..."
- Failing this - Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Reset/Restore Settings
- Failing this, try Re-installing IE8.

MedicAndrew

11-13-2010

Right click League of legends Application and select Run as Administrator. This worked for me and others

BigBeech

11-14-2010

I have the same problem; my accept box is grey and on the bottom is says logging onto chat services indefinitely. My friends account can log in and use chat and everything. Any help is much appreciated.

MedicAndrew

11-15-2010

Have you already tried the 2 solutions posted above?

BigBeech

11-16-2010

Yes I did try both of the above solutions and they have not helped. Logging onto chat services indefinitely is the main problem for me even thought my internet works fine.