the rengar 'rework'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alfavhunter

05-04-2013

so i heard some of the changes and design goals for rengar and here is what I've seen

1. they plan to rework ferocity so it scales with RENGAR'S level instead of the level of his ability

2. they are making his ult stronger in mobility and duration at the cost of the enemy knowing when he is using it

so here is what i for see as what will likely happen

base Q,W,E will remain as is

Ferocity W will remain as is

Ferocity Q will look something like this

80% AD +5% per level, so it will be 85% ad at level 1, and 170% at level 18 or the could change the approach to make it 1.0 ad and the AS steroid levels per level but this will result in poorer scaling late game with a stronger early game, i would personally prefer a more balanced early for a stronger later game

E will likely get this

the root will start at 1 second and the slow will start at 30% going up 5% per level (35% lvl 1, 100% lvl 18) and for those saying that 100% is a root, remember that rengars slow degrades over time, so after a moment (like .1 seconds) of 100% slow it will be a 90% slow, then 80% exc.

then rengars ult will likely look something like this

Activates predatory instincts stealthing Rengar after 1 second (delayed up to 3 seconds if taking damage), and revealing enemy Champions within 2000/3000/4000 range. [revealed enemies know they are revealed]

Rengar gains 40/60/80% Movement Speed and 5 Ferocity over 3.75 seconds. Lasts 10 seconds or until Rengar uses an ability that removes his stealth.

and lastly, the 14 trophies for bonetooth will likely be changes to either the delay for stealth is removed, or no longer revealing to the enemy that his ult is on them

these are what i have desighered from what i have read at
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/05...or-rengar.html

this was MY interpretation of what was said, and my idea of how it could work

alfavhunter

05-04-2013

note, i did not put how they are going to change his base stats as as mentioned in the linked article, they are likely to move around his base stats a little

alfavhunter

05-04-2013

bump for attention

and to help others understand the changes to come, because there is already threads about him with misinformation, like him losing his leap, which is not true

Evolnemesis

05-04-2013

He is suffering from almost the same thing that happened to Xin Zhao after he was released... he had a lot of synergy on his abilities early, they pretty much built on each other and multiplied each other's effects enough that it had the unfortunate effect of making him overpoweringly strong early. Because of how his abilities scaled and the rest of his kit, the only way they could fix this is with enough across-the-board nerfs to his numbers that it really hurt him all game, and ended up making him a little too weak overall... basically making him outclassed until they can rework how his abilities scale and work together. Xin was a slightly more extreme case than Rengar, but he was not seen again in high-level play until he got his rework almost a year later.

Like Xin did, Rengar needs a rework, since right now with his current abilities and scaling, they can't buff him at all without making him stronger early again, and they don't have a good way to make him strong enough late without buffing his early game too much.

alfavhunter

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
He is suffering from almost the same thing that happened to Xin Zhao after he was released... he had a lot of synergy on his abilities early, they pretty much built on each other and multiplied each other's effects enough that it had the unfortunate effect of making him overpoweringly strong early. Because of how his abilities scaled and the rest of his kit, the only way they could fix this is with enough across-the-board nerfs to his numbers that it really hurt him all game, and ended up making him a little too weak overall... basically making him outclassed until they can rework how his abilities scale and work together. Xin was a slightly more extreme case than Rengar, but he was not seen again in high-level play until he got his rework almost a year later.

Like Xin did, Rengar needs a rework, since right now with his current abilities and scaling, they can't buff him at all without making him stronger early again, and they don't have a good way to make him strong enough late without buffing his early game too much.
thats kind of the point with the ferocity rework that they said they were going to try, it makes his ferocity versions scale with level or rengar over level of ability, making the ferocity versions easier to balance, the 'stats' i showed on his abilities are just hypothesizes of what they could do with them, and with rengars ult being more 'enemy friendly' it now has room to be stronger as well

alfavhunter

05-04-2013

bump

Rethice

05-05-2013

Rengar's kit does not require changin -at all-, in fact it is an AMAZING kit.

His numbers, however, have been over nerfed into the ground.

Leotamer

05-05-2013

Riot should not touch Rengar. As someone who plays him right now he is at a good spot, and Riot is probably just going to screw him up even more.

GodfreyLionHeart

05-05-2013

everytime ive seen someone play rengar, they seem to do fairly well, sometimes even carry, dont feel he needs a rework

ııııııı

05-07-2013

This rework isn't needed at ALL. It seems they think rengars ult is to op when its quite the opposite. Infact its so easily countered that a vision ward right in the middle of the lane during laning phase makes ganking extremely difficult most of the time, unless I catch this out of position. Late game is worse because everyone has a full build. What else to buy then oracals? I can't sneak up whats so ever anymore since usually 1-2 ppl have one, so I immediately get focused. Rengars sneakiness is what makes him so amazingly fun.