The constant new release of champions is...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

durpado

11-13-2010

new champions don't do much. They can really only hope to bring more dynamic. If anything Riot needs to reevaluate how much 1 champion can do. Some of the aoe champions in the game are also the best pushers, junglers, CC and deal decent damage.

FoxAmidstStars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragefest View Post
You see Sona, MF, Xin, Galio, and a garen in almost EVERY game. All champs released not too long ago.
I rarely ever see a Xin. MF is getting rare. I've seen one sona in the past ten games. Garen is beaten so easily.

FoxAmidstStars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by owninoobs View Post
I don't think Riot cares.. they are in it for the money... and making new champ every two weeks means two skins for that champ which means MONEY MONEY MONEY
Yeah, and without money how would they support the game? They make the champions because it not only adds more content to the game so that they can make money, but it also makes the game, with every new champion, more strategic.

Conexion

11-13-2010

Oh look, this thread again.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

11-13-2010

Honestly, I would have lost interest in this game a long long time ago if it didn't have this steady stream of content, and I know for a fact a lot of other people would too.

A new champion every two weeks is a great deal, and people worrying about the game's balance as a result of these new champions need to get those sticks out of their butts.

Cohj

11-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragefest View Post
what is making LoL less and less fun. It is what is creating all the issues with balance.

***DISCLAIMER*** I love playing new champs and constantly look forward to playing one every couple of weeks.

Anyways we need new content and ways the game can be played over a new gimmicky champ that is hopefully OP so we can snag some easy wins before they are nerfed. Sona, MF, Xin, Garen, etc have all changed the game to where everything is being buffed and nerfed against them. New champs simply is making your job harder Riot.

I would pull back and release a new champ once a month and put more energy into new map types and custom game modes. We need an all jungle type map with points of control that spawn Baron like creeps that are hard and risky to kill but it would be the same as taking a tower out. We need a map where you actually fight for control of a resource or POI (point of interest) that gathers slowly.

And I understand that different map types and game modes would add more to the task of balancing, but IMO what will make LoL survive is it breaking away from the tri-lane Aeon of Strife/DotA/HoN material and giving us more of a complex game.

More maps, more modes, more tournaments (not just for the pros), and half the champs by giving us thoroughly tested ones once a month.
I'm pretty sure that the champs will slow down soon. This is a new game and so they are trying to add options at the moment so that everyone can find their favorite champs. The other stuff will come. That doesn't mean you tell them to stop the hard work they are already doing.

homeskilit

11-13-2010

i actually agree, i think the battle arena type games are awesome, but right everything isthe standard tri-lane. Would be nice to see different things and i know riot makes there money off champs, but instead of 4 unbalanced champs over a 3 month period, they would be putting out 3 really balanced champions in those 3 months (one less champ).

It would be interesting to see sales figures for champs who were OP at release compared to were more balanced.