The constant new release of champions is...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragefest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

what is making LoL less and less fun. It is what is creating all the issues with balance.

***DISCLAIMER*** I love playing new champs and constantly look forward to playing one every couple of weeks.

Anyways we need new content and ways the game can be played over a new gimmicky champ that is hopefully OP so we can snag some easy wins before they are nerfed. Sona, MF, Xin, Garen, etc have all changed the game to where everything is being buffed and nerfed against them. New champs simply is making your job harder Riot.

I would pull back and release a new champ once a month and put more energy into new map types and custom game modes. We need an all jungle type map with points of control that spawn Baron like creeps that are hard and risky to kill but it would be the same as taking a tower out. We need a map where you actually fight for control of a resource or POI (point of interest) that gathers slowly.

And I understand that different map types and game modes would add more to the task of balancing, but IMO what will make LoL survive is it breaking away from the tri-lane Aeon of Strife/DotA/HoN material and giving us more of a complex game.

More maps, more modes, more tournaments (not just for the pros), and half the champs by giving us thoroughly tested ones once a month.

Zarifes

11-13-2010

PEOPLE DO DIFFERENT THIGNS AT RIOT! OMG HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THAT?!?!?

Yeah... +1

Ragefest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

I know they have a large team who works on different things. I know that a character designer/artist isn't gonna start coding or a coder start designing a map, but Riot does have the power to place emphasis on different areas of the game. All I am asking is the emphasis change and hopefully for the better.

itzakadoozie

11-13-2010

They release only two a month, in my opinion it keeps the game fun; not just playing the same champs every week.

Mordeve

11-13-2010

With the expection of Sona, new champions have hardly been game breaking. You rarely see Swain, Lux or Leblanc in games, and they are by no means overpowered. Although I do agree new maps would be awesome, but they are by far, harder to balance then adding another champ.

You can't forget the games roots. DOTA had one map, with over 100 heroes to choose from. I really doubt adding new champions is what is causing this game to not be enjoyable for the average player. Especially considering how many people get excited about the new champions.

Lulwy

11-13-2010

I don't see how new champions are ruining the balance when all of the incredibly threatening champions people can't seem to counter easily, with the sole exception of Sona, have been around for months and months.

Ragefest

11-13-2010

You see Sona, MF, Xin, Galio, and a garen in almost EVERY game. All champs released not too long ago.

The Bacon Dragon

11-13-2010

People who work on champs are not the same that work on maps and additional content. Putting out a new map or gametype can require months of testing to make sure it's balanced with all of the characters Riot has. Now yes, by adding two new champions a month they may delay this time even more. But if they released the map and then had a load of future champions coming out it'd be too late to do an overhaul on the map so they'd have to adjust champions which then has to be balanced with how it would change them for Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline.

I think that what's being planned is to have the new map come out with a great champion, the new art style overhaul, and possibly Season 2. No matter what stuff they could put out right now, it's never a finished product.

JungleHunter

11-13-2010

Riot spends 2 weeks just to make a champ.. thats not enoguh time to actually make a unique champ.. Think about it 3 mages in a row and they all play rather similar roles. If Riot actually took their time to make teh Champions the champs in this game would definitely be much more fun to play with.

j2QJjm9Q07WRRBRT

11-13-2010

I don't think Riot cares.. they are in it for the money... and making new champ every two weeks means two skins for that champ which means MONEY MONEY MONEY