Skipping a tier? Really need help understanding runes please!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atalie Louise

11-13-2010

So far I haven't bought a single ruin and I'm level 14. At first I didn't understand ruins and didn't want to waste my IP. Now it says I can buy for Tier 2 but I have nothing in Tier 1. Do I skip Tier 1 all together? Or should I fill it out also? I really have no clue how that works and I've looked in the runes build guid and it says nothing of it. PLEASE HELP

Emporio Ivankov

11-13-2010

Yeah, if you've got to level 14 without buying runes then tier 2 will be available to buy and use from the shop. Only bother buying runes of the highest tier that you can as lower tier runes become redundant.

Tier 3 is the highest tier at the moment and some might say it is worth saving your IP until you can afford them. But this might not be the best option; if you don't win most of your games then buying the tier runes available to you is a good idea.

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

If you want a cheap boost tier 1 runes are the way to go, honestly you won't stay your teen levels long enough for tier 2 runes to be worth it. Just roll around with a full set of t1 runes until you can start buying tier3 runes.

Zi0nized

11-13-2010

Tier 2 are ****.

1 or 3 IMO.

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

Either buy some tier 1 runes if you honestly think you need the help, otherwise wait until you can get tier 3 runes. I'd personally say screw tier 1 runes and just get tier 3s. They're a great boost, but you shouldn't be dependent on them. I didn't buy a single rune until quite a while after I reached 30, and I had no problems. As helpful as they are, your actual skills with champions will be more of a factor than anything.

GunGraver

11-13-2010

Buy tier 1 till you can start buying tier 3, tier 2 are are waste.

Tier 1 runes are a fraction of the cost for not a huge difference.

Joru

11-13-2010

The difference between half a page of Tier 1 runes and an empty runepage is honestly probably not going to be very big. If you're planning to drop a ton of IP on Tier 3 runes as soon as you can, you can survive with no runes until then. If you plan on devoting all your IP to champions for a long time, then using Tier 1 runes will help keep you from falling behind once you reach a summoner level where your opponents have full Tier 3 runes.

Tier 2 runes are, as others have said, largely a waste of IP. They cost too much for something that's going to be obsolete eventually. The cost/benefit ratio of Tier 1s are way better,

BeyondGodlike

11-13-2010

Tier 1 and 2 are a waste... just work on tier 3 whenever you can.

I wouldn't worry about runes though until you really feel the need to get them.

Atalie Louise

11-13-2010

Thanks a lot guys, that really helps me out. Think I'll just wait till Tier 3 then so I can save my IP.