AP Sion Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rudeboymike

12-11-2009

if can you be seen as sion, you are doing it wrong. basically i just hide in the brush with shield up, then run out.. stun blow up... run back away. rinse and repeat.

team battles, wait for a better initiator if there is one... if not... duck in with a shield, stun high importance targets (or save for fiddle/nunu). Let the rest of the team get the cleanup if you cant.

Judah the Lion

12-16-2009

I just started learning Sion, and I gotta' say, he struck me as odd how he's played, but the "great devourer" shtick is kinda' growing on me! =p

However, I've got some questions that you guys could chime in on that have been irking me since I bought him: AP vs DPS, which is better, and what's Sion's "purpose" on the field?

With the former, obviously different games, but through and through, with a good team, which setup is more effective (I'm open to any & all opinions)? I've played about 30 games with a mix of both, and I'll admit, AP Sion seems to be both more synergistic with what he can do on the action bar, and it just WRECKS minions and harasses the hell out of the other team; you'll be pushing the entire other team away just by advancing and popping off caress a couple times.

'Not saying DPS is bad by any stretch, maybe I'm doing it wrong, and am probably mis/uninformed, but I just feel like there is stuff missing when I go out with melee damage build.

Now, say you pick Sion at the roster screen. . . what does that say/mean? What's his role above and beyond everyone else in the slow, melee archetype, and what does he bring to the table vs the other great melee champions?

Again, the could just be due to my inexperience, but oft times I feel behind par with Yi, Mr. T, Alister, or any other "good" hitters on the field.

Thoughts?

Rudeboymike

12-16-2009

best way to decide.

Is there is a good carry on the team? (Ashe, Yi, Corki, Trist)
- If yes, go AP
- If no, go DPS

A DPS requires to you to play like most other DPS carrys. They aren't at all that much different. Playing AP Sion is stupid easy and hard to fail at. So if you lack LoL playing skills... go AP sion, great learning character to.

JohnCataldo

12-16-2009

DPS Sion is a lot like a weaker Yi, with a stun and more health. Both have a skill that adds base damage (Sion's adds a lot more). Yi's Wuju + Ultimate gives far better burst damage than DPS Sion, but if your team needs both a stun and melee carry he gets the job done.

Azrienov

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post

* Never get stun first. Either go Death's Caress or Enrage. You need them both as fast as possible so you can farm HP. AP Sion is all about farming HP.
I agree with everything, but point out that if you have a good lane partner, AP sion with an early stun can shut down everything in the game. I usually take bubble, stun, bubble, enrage, bubble. You sac some HP, but the early kills you can make with the right combo are worth the money. I'd also suggest that if you have your hands in the fight and are playing really well, get a Soulstealer early. It'll kick your stun over 1k damage when it's time for end game.

crimsonlyre

12-16-2009

I prefer to play AP Sion as a tank. Like The Senate said, you can get kills without AP. For me, its first and foremost about survivability. I start with Sheen, get 2 Rods of Ages, Speed 3 Boots (to catch up and stun), and a Guardian Angel. Then Transition into Lich Bane. From here you can go more offensively, and get Deathfire Grasp, Zhonya's, etc. With the stats from the rods, you have a strong shield, can use it often with the big mana pool, and have 4k+ hp. For me, Sion is a great support hero since he fulfills mana roles at once with an AP build.