5v5 Composition help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Donovan

12-15-2009

Our 5v5 has been in a bit of trouble as far as getting murdered by certain comps, i'm wondering if changing a character or two, or maybe just the builds of the characters could have a big impact on our win %.

Composition as it stands:

Me on Tristana
malphite
nasus/shaco/yi
kassadin/shaco
corki/ap kayle

any advice is welcome, be as brutal or polite as you please wont hurt my feelings any.

We're definitely not top tier players but we hope to head that way eventually.

edit: more often than not we queue as 4 people, so the last line of champs gets omitted mostly

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-15-2009

Not enough card master.

wildfire393

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherslash View Post
Our 5v5 has been in a bit of trouble as far as getting murdered by certain comps, i'm wondering if changing a character or two, or maybe just the builds of the characters could have a big impact on our win %.

Me on Tristana
malphite
nasus/shaco/yi
kassadin/shaco
corki/ap kayle

any advice is welcome, be as brutal or polite as you please wont hurt my feelings any.

edit: more often than not we queue as 4 people, so the last line of champs gets omitted mostly
Tristiana should be substituted out for a ranged DPS character that can add more to team fights. I suggest Ashe (arrow/volley), Twitch (spray and pray + stuff like Cleaver and Malady), Cardmaster (Gold Card, obv), Corki (Gatling/Grenade), or Sivir (Boomerang Blade, Ricochet, Ult).

In a similar vein, Kassadin/Shaco does not add a lot (kassadin more than Shaco). I suggest making this a mage with good AOE ability and disable, like Annie, Ryze, or Morgana. Nasus/Shaco/Yi is best as Nasus, consider Tryndamere if a pure melee dps is preferred (since spinning blade and Mocking shout provide AOE damage and disable at least).

Basically, make sure everyone has at least one AOE damage ability and at least one either single target hard disable (stuff like Ryze/Morgana's roots, Nasus's slow, Rammus's Taunt, Fiddles' Fear etc) or AOE soft disable (Tryndamere's Shout, Corki's Grenade, Cho's Shout, etc), or at the very least an ability that makes everyone in your party better (Taric's Ult, Sivir's Ult, Warwick's +attack speed ability, etc).

dreamenddischarger

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherslash View Post

Me on Tristana
malphite
nasus/shaco/yi
kassadin/shaco
corki/ap kayle

Run Twisted Fate/Sivir/Tryndamere/Kayle/Nunu

You won't lose.

Mugsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2009

We just setup a team builder tool at leaguecraft.com that might help choose your 5

http://leaguecraft.com/teambuilder/5...2db1f93919faea

setup the heroes you want and click the stats tab and you can see what buffs each hero brings to the team as well as hero and spell tag totals

Renmei

12-16-2009

This is a good build site too http://www.mobafire.com/

Already some good ones on there. You can also post your current build and people can comment to tell you what to adjust.

Donovan

12-16-2009

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep it in mind. I suppose I'll just change my Tristana to an Ashe. I'm not too interested in playing Twisted Fate till he gets redone anyways.

I've been mentioning getting an Annie in our comp, and we can get our Nasus to play morgana instead... perhaps if we traded Kassadin for annie and Nasus for Morgana we might get somewhere.