Anivia- Solo ranked help plz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hethow

11-13-2010

Hey I recently decided i really like to Que ranked with Anivia. Now ive only done 5 games with her and 7 games total. out of the 5 games with her im 3/5 for wins which isnt great or bad by most means.

Im looking to improve on my win chance and become a more reliable Anivia player.

Red: Spl pen x9
Yellow: Abil pwr x9
Blue: Abil pwr x9

Quients: flat health x2 Abil pwr x1

Now ive heard it go either way as far as not having spl pen red runes and using all abil power and I would like to change the Quient x1 abil pwr to health.

the way i understand Spl pen is its point for point so 20 magic resist - 20 spl pen = 0 magic resist.

I believe Ability power Ratio on Frost Bite is .5 50% of Ability power meaning if target is chilled its Ability power Ratio turns into 1.0 point for point (I could be wrong) This means a descently skilled or greatly skilled Aniv player has 100% spl dmg asuming when they Frost Bite the target is chilled. This also means that if target is chilled and For only Frost Bite Abil power is = to same effect as spell pen.

I think my runes are fine minus the one Quint but im open for improvement. The reason I will change that quient to flat health like othiers is that the more health i start with the better and I take into account my egg being up when im aggressive so instead of it being 96 health extra its 192

Masteries:http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-2-0-3-1-3-0-1

not 100% that link works but its 21 util and 9 offence. 2 points in nuetral buffs

This is the link to the guide/build i started with but i did not go with it 100% on runes and masteries. http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ozen-death-100

I don't get catalyst first i often end up getting Chalice. I think the early 30 magic res and mana regen are far to valuable but i could be wrong. Some times i get Magic res shoes to instead of the Sorc Boots but it just depends on how much cc i see and how good they are at using it.

Sorry this is so long but i really want help. Im ingame atm and if your a good ranked Anivia id like to view your profile and or get tips from you. If you do recommend changes plz put the reason with your idea.

Hethow

11-13-2010

1 more thing my math my be way off. There will of course be times frost bite will land on target that isnt chilled any more or just wasnt for w/e reason

Al3xander

11-13-2010

I have started playing anivia pretty recent, only in normal games atm, but I'm pretty decent.

I usually roll with:

mpen/mp5/cdr/hpflat - runes

9/0/21 masteries

items: start with saphire crystal, continue to catalyst,tear,boots,roa,arch,zhonya.

Kaoculus

11-13-2010

my friend runs
mpen reds
mr/5 yellow
AP blue
Flat AP quint

Swampf0x

11-13-2010

I'd personally roll with mana regen Seals/Glyphs.

Screw 21 in Offense, go 9/0/21 for the Utility perks.

Joru

11-13-2010

That item build looks pretty old. Probably old enough that it predates the change in the Sheen line's mechanics. Back when you could cheat the cooldown a bit, Anivia could get a bucketload of procs off of it because firing and detonating Flash Frost could both trigger Sheen or Lichbane separately, as could activating and deactivating Glacial Storm. Now that the cooldown is more harshly enforced, it's probably not nearly as easy to abuse that (especially since you frequently have to give up procs to guarantee a Frostbite lands), meaning buying Sheen before stuff like Archangel's or Zhonya's probably isn't going to pay off. I haven't really tried it lately, though, so I might be wrong.

One thing that I like to do with Anivia (and I'm not saying this is the best way to play her, just that it's something that works for me) is taking Clarity and starting with Boots of Speed and three health potions. Clarity means you have basically infinite mana for most of the game. This, combined with the boots, lets you harass like crazy through the early game and lets you use your spells to farm minion waves more often midgame. It also lets you rush big AP items without feeling pressured to stop off for pure mana regen in the form of an early Tear. The extra harass lets you eat most physical carries alive if you get mid, and being able to get more AP earlier can have a nice snowball effect which I think might be worth more than Ignite in the long run.

Another tip: a little cooldown reduction goes a long way. Being able to chain Glacial Storm + Frostbite straight into Flash Frost + Frostbite without needing to wait on Frostbite's cooldown is a big boost to your sustained damage. If there are a lot of physical damage dealers on the other team, I often grab a Glacial Shroud late-game because it's a great boost to both survivability and offense. I'm not really sure what the best CDR item is if you don't need the defense...I guess Deathfire, probably, but it's a lot more expensive. Of course, this may not apply if you're able to keep the golem buff for most of the game.

TL Frolo

11-13-2010

run mana regen per 5/level blues and yellow, it gives you a lot of mana regen after around level 6
get a void staff instead of lich bane, lich bane isn't too great on anivia because you need armor pen to make it work

Hethow

11-13-2010

thanks for all your ideas and tips guys. Gonna do more testing before ranked again.