Leavers ruin everything...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ultra PeePee

12-04-2010

I do feel there should be harsher penalties for leavers games. Perhaps not being able to play for another 2 hours after the game.

However for queue dodging, I feel the penalty should be fairly small. The reason for this, is because Riot has made those who get queue dodged be instantly placed in front of the line. So typically, you only have to wait another 10 secs to get back into the select.

The idea of queue dodging is not for griefing, it is for a more coherent team. So if someone finds themselves needing to choose a type of champion that they don't have or are not good at, they should have the liberty to dodge. Also, many times, people choose their champs based on preference instead of team coherence, and an individual in that team should also have the liberty to dodge.

deathzone33

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gexo View Post
Make Bots play the leaver
what and feed the other team "oh look a dumb bot yum yum now im to powerful for them mwhahaahahhahah''

MasterofSFL

12-05-2010

The Buffer System was something me and my friends always thought would be a good Idea, if implemented correctly. The one already given on this thread looks pretty Balanced, Buff wise anyway. But a Time limit, should this ever be done, is a Must. If not included then it becomes too breakable. I would think that, depending on the Number of players who have left, a 5-8 minute wait would suffice.

This would give ample time for the other team to push while also being short enough that the team with the leaver can Hold out long enough for the Buff. To be honest, I think that it would keep people from abusing it almost entirely as losing a player for 5-8 minutes not only is a heavy blow to a team in that time span, but depending on the how far the game as progressed, it could almost mean absolute defeat.

The biggest Con to it all though, as stated before, would be people crying and screaming for you to leave if you are doing poorly so they can have the Buff.

Claricorp

12-05-2010

perhaps on leave it could be like -10-20% ip/xp gain for there next game.

Toast Defender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Yeah, somethings gotta be done for sure.

Options:

- IP penalty for those who leave

- The game does not count for win/loss score if someone is gone for x amount of time (if it doesn't add a loss to the record who cares? Although this could be abused unless its implementation was really thought out)

- Give a global buff to the team that is missing players (best option imo, but it would probably be VERY hard to get a buff that would be balanced...tons of options though....global AD or AP buff, hp buff, regen, x% to all stats, perma lizard or golem type buffs, each disadvantaged champ gets +x% buff to passive, etc.)

- Make leavers lose exp (either flat amount or -x% for x games)

- Develop a good AI and let the AI take over (very unlikely that Riot would do this)

Any other ideas?

JazzDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

the best penalty for leavers should be that you get matched up with people that have a leave ratio similar to yours, so eventually, if you think leaving is the best option to end a game, you end up playing majoritarily with other people who think the same thing. Leaves should be counted by percentage of games played though, not by flat number. For example, someone who leaves 10 % of games gets matched up with people who leave 5-15% percent of games, etc, etc.

The penalty itself for leavers would be that... if you end up leaving 25% of games, then you get matchmade with people who leave 25 to 35% of games, and then basically, you'd join matches where someone always ends up leaving, and you put yourself there. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Jamein

12-06-2010

They should just add extra criteria to matchmaking.

It should have a system where if people have left more than a certain % of there games, they get put into a different matchmaking bracket, and none leavers have there own separate bracket. Of course if there are not enough people for leavers to make a game in there own bracket eventually the search would allow them into the none leavers ones. However this would increase there game search time significantly.
(edit) just seen the person above me mentioned this too, personally I think it would work well.

I doubt this solution would work for ranked though, as top bracket ranked games take forever to start a game anyway. However if you have something like this as well as some form of IP loss or whatever then at least it starts to make leaving a bad idea and forces people to push through it and try to win instead of leaving as well as trying to filter out leavers into there own games and doesn't set them up with people who are willing to stay (for the most part).

Also doing it % based means if people fall into the leavers bracket from a few disconnects at least they can get back out of it by playing through more games.

Also you need to add a 5 minute time limit that doesn't get reset if they leave then reconnect, sick of people leaving then coming back at the 25 min mark.

So in other words, if player A leaves, he has 5 minutes to join back, if he then comes back after 3 minutes then leaves again, he has 2 minutes to come back and so on and so forth, after those 5 minutes are up he will be classed as a leaver regardless of if he comes back or not and the team who is a player down should be able to concede at any time if they are a player down.

I just think there needs to be harsher penalities for people that leave, and ways to make it easier on those of us who have to deal with it.

Jamein

12-06-2010

Or we could just replace leavers with ryze bot and have him win the entire game for us.

Jamein

12-07-2010

Bump, leaving is a game breaking issue, find a way to discourage it/not **** over everyone else.