Countering Fed Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SprinkKnoT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

for nearly any fed champ the answer is run like hell. But with poppy, its rather difficult to run when your pants are around your ankles

CounterCraft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

Flash away

Dunkelzahn

11-13-2010

Banshee's and catching her out of position, so to speak.

Banshee's really hurts Poppy more than most other champions because she needs her teammates to get rid of it, and she herself has no way of getting rid of it without dying.

If you taunt/CC and focus her down first (most Poppy players, including myself, are going to hold off on doing anything until Miss Fortune shows her veiny pulsating mammaries--or her face and sometimes don't expect to be CC'd first), your carry will thank you forever. If your carry lives through her Diplomatic Immunity (by flashing or, like the others say, running like hell), she's much less potent. She's still pretty potent if fed, but not "run-like-hell" worthy.

Alternatively, run like hell. ;] I'm a Poppy main so I'd like to think I know her strengths and weaknesses. 80% of her power comes from Diplomatic Immunity, which is on a 60+ second cooldown.

And yes, MR helps too.

CircusRoyale

11-13-2010

Banshee's won't even stop her lol. Get lots of cc but if she has a quick silver sash well then you're ****ed. Though exhaust works quite nicely.

LairyRover

11-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Rose View Post
go afk hiding somewhere in the map.
she'll find you and kill you.

Salamandra

11-13-2010

Depends which poppy AP or AD? AP is harder to counter because of her anti tank skills.

SmerfHunter

11-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINailedYou View Post
she'll usually ghost and flash if you run like hell with paragon speed buff up too.

I find it's best if I'm the carry on the team to just stand up from the computer, turn around, pull down your pants, and bend over cause you know it's coming anyways
What if you usually don't wear pants while playing LoL?

CounterCraft

11-13-2010

I personally believe Zilean is counter to Poppy...

Dreampod

11-13-2010

Quicksilver Sash is a good way.

It removes her ultimate from you so that (a) you take 40% less damage and (b) your entire team can kill her or CC her since she rarely has any survivability.

MisterFister69

11-13-2010

You can't even counter a poppy that ISN'T fed unless you burn summoners or you're next to your team and they all CC her down when she ultis. If you're the carry or a high priority target and she targets you, you're dead. There's pretty much nothing you can do about it. You're just ****ed.