Do "we" want more Player-Concepts integrated in the Game?

Yes. 77 63.11%
No. 45 36.89%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

The people want more player concepts in the game!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Methelod

05-03-2013

You realize there are legal complications for this idea? It's never. Ever. Going to happen on a regular basis. Ever. Maybe if they ran a contest, but the problem at it's core is that by using someone elses idea, unless they have explicit, written (AKA provable) permission to use the idea and have the intellectual property given to them that they can get in trouble for that?

jimzooooo

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
To be fair, most fan ideas are just plain awful. Most of us have no actual design experience and have no real idea what would work and what wouldn't.

Its fun to dream though.
most of the champions people make would be bad or overpowered or just dumb, but there are alot of little gold nugget ideas that people make

Onigiri99

05-03-2013

I agree that Riot could make more player-based champions, utilizing ideas and maybe some mechanics, but obviously tweaking the numbers and changing things here and there so the champion can be balanced and fit the game like it should.

But just using the ideas like 'Oh cool concept this one, Imma design this and claim it was mine" would result in complications to Riot if they dont talk to the original creator of the idea.

I think Riot could make some sort of contest, with a low number of "competitors" that make a concept [Not necessary involving the numbers of spells and stuff] by telling the lore, the look and the feel the champion should have. Would take sometime to the champion get live, because Riot has their own champions to make, but could be that they make one champion concept per year, after seeing the ideas from the competitors and picking the ones they think its better untill they choose one or two to turn into a real champion. Or maybe pick ten and slowly realising them.

Anyway, besides a contest of some sort or anything like that, would be very hard to Riot make more champion concepts.

Fan-based skins are more common, since Dragonmaster Swain, Ice Drake Shyvana and Surprise Party Fiddlesticks are all fan-based skins.

Deo Thor

05-03-2013

I seen lots of AWESOME concepts made by LoL fans.
I dare say some of them were used by Riot. If i remember correctly that's Orianna's Ultimate.

Some player though of champion related with stars or something..

Anyways. I think we should have new type of events " create a champion". Where 1 or 2 best ideas would be used fully or in parts.

xTCSxG0D0FB00N

05-03-2013

see? why cant't all people make comments with sense like Onigiri99 and Deo Thor?

@ Onigiri99:
when you click through the concepts, you can mostly see the starting sentence:
"I allow Riot to use this concept for their cahmpion creation.", or something like that.
but the idea of some sort of competition would be a start to realizing more player concepts.
maybe i shouldn't rush things to harsh and be satisfied with that suggestion, but i really would love to have riot pay more attention to those creative fans.
I mean i, too added a concept but i don't care if it is the next champion, but i want more player concepts in this game throughout! they can't lose only win!
the loyalty and the love people give to this game should be rewarded by being able to call a new champ or item or only mechanic their idea.
that would make them happy and maybe even more willing to pay for this free to play game like no other.
and on top it would improve the communication between "Riotors" and users.
nice comments you two! keep it up

xTCSxG0D0FB00N

05-03-2013

i hate downvotes without comments ...
how do i know what i'm doing wrong?
well whatever:
BUMP 4 THE WIN!

Brightinly

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
To be fair, most fan ideas are just plain awful. Most of us have no actual design experience and have no real idea what would work and what wouldn't.

Its fun to dream though.
1 word, BARN.

Virgin Blaster

05-04-2013

Let's not forget about potential legal issues that us as players aren't aware of when we think of concepts we think would be cool.

xTCSxG0D0FB00N

05-04-2013

as i said before:
most people start with "I permit Riot to overtake the concept or parts of it for their game" ...
so i think there won't be any legal issues with that.

Sigtor

05-04-2013

Only for skins, not for champions.