LOL Mac - "Adobe Air Broken" Fix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sylabeast

05-03-2013

Hi all,

I'm writting this because in the recent update I got an "Adobe Air is Broken" error when I hit Play on the client. I looked around the web for a fix for this, but only found the fix for Windows. So, I found a fix that I thought I would share for the MAC.

*DISCLAIMER - I am not responsible for any problems that might arise from doing these steps. These are only suggestions which have worked for myself and others that I helped to solve this problem. If you are concerned, make a back up of your ( lol mac ) folder and go from there.

1.) Download the latest adobe air version. Don't do anything with it yet, just wait till it downloads.

2.) Go to your applications folder (or wherever your LOL folder is) open up the lol mac folder.

3.) Now navigate through the folder like this: RADS/projects/lol_air_client/releases. Now you should see your release file(s) labeled like: ( 0.0.0.64 ) ( 0.0.0.83 ) ( 0.0.094 ) etc...

Note: You will need to repeat steps 4 - 8 for each ( 0.0.0.XX ) file in your ( releases ) folder.

4.) Now select one the folders and navigate: deploy/Frameworks/AdobeAir.framework/versions and you should see a file labeled ( 1.0 ), this is the file we want to update. (Keep the window open)

5.) Now, go back to your adobe air download and run it. A window should pop up with a file labeled adobe AIR installer. Right click, and select "Show Package Contents".

6.) Now, navigate through this folder like this:
Contents/Frameworks/AdobeAir.framework/versions

7.) Look familiar? Now right click the file labeled 1.0 and copy and paste it into the window you kept open in step 4.

8.) Select replace all, and now you should be good to go.

Hope this helps. Leave a comment if this worked for you, or if you are still having problems.

Sylabeast