Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My ideas for a rune system rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EroticBanana

05-02-2013

1. Allow tier upgrades or remove tier 1 and 2
Maybe we could pay the IP difference to upgrade runes from tier 1 to 2, and 2 to 3.
If not, remove tier 1 and 2 runes. They are just a waste of IP by level 20.
There is already a limit to how many rune slots low-level players have, so why limit them more by reducing the power of the runes they can buy?

2. Rework rune appearance
It seems like runes are just given a random icon that has nothing to do with the effect (chalice for armor seals, ram for ap quints, pouch for atkspd marks, etc).
It would be better if each effect had it's own icon, so we could distinguish not only by colors but by what effect they have.

3. Make runes easier to set up and eliminate repetitive clicking
example --> http://i.imgur.com/OGn0Dls.jpg

4. Allow setting up rune pages in pregame lobby
Would be especially useful for those who do not have many pages.

5. Add a destroy and/or sell option for runes.
There's no reliable way to get rid of unwanted runes right now (the combiner is not good at this).

Tigersight

05-02-2013

1. While I don't care for the lower tier runes, having bought some myself early on, there is no problem with the combiner. With a bit of spare ip, I upgraded all the lower tier runes to tier 3, no problem.

2. Agreed

3. The 'add all' and 'remove all' buttons may be helpful. However, clicking and dragging is much faster than clicking repeatedly already. I can generally set a full set of nine runes in less than four seconds, so I personally don't find it to be a problem.

4. It would be helpful, especially if you don't have a rune setup for whatever role you get into (like in the new ARAM mode.) However, I really don't feel like there's enough time to do a rune setup while in the lobby. Just trying to throw together a mastery page takes too much time a lot of the time, leaving you(or me in this case) with no useful masteries when the match begins. Given how much more effective runes are, this could easily ruin entire games.

5. Also, maybe good ideas, but again, the rune combiner is good for that.

EroticBanana

05-05-2013

the thing about the combiner is that it makes random runes, meaning you often end up with something useless like atkspd glyph or something.

EroticBanana

05-13-2013

bamp

iTyrone

06-02-2014

1. Or you could just not buy runes pre-20.

2. Agreed.

3. What if you don't want 9 marks, seals, glyphs, quints? For example, I run 8 AD and 1 crit chance on my
ADC's.

4. OMG SO TRUE YOU'RE BASED GOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

5. Meh.