Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


[Analysis / Discussion] Akali balance at Diamond

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holy Malevolence

Senior Member

05-20-2013

Quote:
comikins:
Thanks, I missed the boat.

What did you think of my suggestion to her Twilight Shroud two posts prior? "Might as well rework shroud to include an active, where she can jump once to the center of the shroud. Possibly adding a movement speed buff for her and her team while in/on the shroud."

Good bye weak early game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VenomHazard

Senior Member

05-20-2013

Once again..... Bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

o O

Senior Member

05-20-2013

Looks like they reverted the Akali change (http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/24320-updated-pbe-aatrox-the-darkin-blade-is-back-woad) on the PBE. No buffs for our assassin.

Quote:

[W] - Twilight Shroud - Now costs 80/75/70/65/60 (changed from always 60)
[W] - Twilight Shroud - Cooldown is now always 20 (changed from 20/19/18/17/16)


While I agree that these changes wouldn't have helped Akali out, it's still good to have any buffs in a patch rather than no changes when you are really underpowered .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexten

Senior Member

05-20-2013

Quote:
o O:
Looks like they reverted the Akali change (http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/24320-updated-pbe-aatrox-the-darkin-blade-is-back-woad) on the PBE. No buffs for our assassin.



While I agree that these changes wouldn't have helped Akali out, it's still good to have any buffs in a patch rather than no changes when you are really underpowered .


Well good they removed those changes from PBE. They didn't went in line with their current thought-processes for Akali. The changes to shroud did not solve any of Akali's problem. Its not alway good to buff something just for the sake of buffing, so I'm fine with the removal.

Can we get a red update on the progress so far? It's been over a week now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WTFownedU

Member

05-20-2013

Alkali is still weak and can only stomp newbs gg riot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sayath

Senior Member

05-20-2013

Well, the problem with reducing the energy cost of Twilight Shroud as I see it:
It's a straight power increase. It helps out all levels of play. Since you actually require less ressource management.

Therefore, not putting it in is the right choice. However, I'm still waiting on the increased skill ceiling and in turn depth of counterplay.

@ Statikk: What have you tried out so far?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PersianGod

Member

05-20-2013

Sayath, I just wanted to say that you make a really good argument. +1, dude. There should be more people like you in the LoL community.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

my0w

Senior Member

05-20-2013

Played a 45 minute game where I finally got over 300 AP at 40 minutes.
The Q nerfs are too much. They really need to be partially reverted OR the ratio needs to increase.

Riot: What do you want me to build on Akali? Deathcap is not feasible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sayath

Senior Member

05-20-2013

Quote:
PersianGoddess:
Sayath, I just wanted to say that you make a really good argument. +1, dude. There should be more people like you in the LoL community.


I do believe people can have a constructive argument. It does, however, require a bit more effort than some are willing to spend.

A civil discussion should be the standard. On these boards we see a multitude of levels - academic discourse and outright insults are mixed in-between. Venting frustration and such should have a place, although it shouldn't be within a feedback thread. It should be separate.

I really love the community-focused approach Riot is taking. Certainly, it's the right direction. Yet, it can be improved. For example, if you give the community insight into how live balance works, the quality of the feedback would skyrocket.
Basic definitions, concepts and goals - stuff like that. The community simply requires the necessary tools to found a proper game balance argumentation. Sadly, they are currently absent.

To put it together, I think the problem is structural. Riot needs to provide more resources for quality content creation and separation. Then both, Riot and the players, will benefit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

o O

Senior Member

05-20-2013

Quote:
Sayath:
I do believe people can have a constructive argument. It does, however, require a bit more effort than some are willing to spend.

A civil discussion should be the standard. On these boards we see a multitude of levels - academic discourse and outright insults are mixed in-between. Venting frustration and such should have a place, although it shouldn't be within a feedback thread. It should be separate.

I really love the community-focused approach Riot is taking. Certainly, it's the right direction. Yet, it can be improved. For example, if you give the community insight into how live balance works, the quality of the feedback would skyrocket.
Basic definitions, concepts and goals - stuff like that. The community simply requires the necessary tools to found a proper game balance argumentation. Sadly, they are currently absent.

To put it together, I think the problem is structural. Riot needs to provide more resources for quality content creation and separation. Then both, Riot and the players, will benefit.


I feel like the community interaction from Riot has definitely decreased as the company/game has grown. I remember when I started playing 2 years ago, Reds were a lot more active on the forums and more willing to talk. I miss those times.