[Analysis / Discussion] Akali balance at Diamond

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sayath

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomaruki View Post
Gonna keep this short and to the point. Im no diamond player but from what I have from working my way from bronze to silver one is this. "LeArn to play other champs." Every champ has a counter" there is always that one champ thats op. If akali is that great of an issue in diamond then BAN her.
Have you even read the thread?

Akali is underpowered at Diamond.

Why should I ban such a champion?

o O

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayath View Post

Underpowered at pretty much every ELO range/tier right now.

P.S. Did you add me on the NA LoL?

Sayath

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by o O View Post
P.S. Did you add me on the NA LoL?
Yeah.

o O

05-20-2013

Quote:
Yeah.
Okee dokee. Just wondering. I did accept you .

comikins

05-20-2013

Quote:

Sayath,

So next patch they are NERFING akali's passive (Twin Disciples) by 2% from 8% to 6% but are buffing the Shroud to 60 mana and cdr for it with ranks.

[Passive] - Twin Disciplines - Basic attacks now always do an additional 6% BMD
increasing by 1% for every 6 AP (No longer "upon obtaining 20 AP)

[Passive] - Twin Disciplines - No longer has "upon obtaining 10 Bonus Attack, Now
gains 6% spell vamp (down from 8)

[W] - Twilight Shroud - Cost is now always 60 (changes from 80/75/70/65/60)

[W] - Twilight Shroud - Cooldown is now 20/19/18/17/16 (instead of always 20)

Might as well rework shroud to include an active, where she can jump once to the center of the shroud. Possibly adding a movement speed buff for her and her team while in/on the shroud.

Her passive now more useless. Even IF they remove Gunblade they still need some adjustments to reward her.

o O

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by comikins View Post
Sayath,

So next patch they are NERFING akali's passive (Twin Disciples) by 2% from 8% to 6% but are buffing the Shroud to 60 mana and cdr for it with ranks.

[Passive] - Twin Disciplines - Basic attacks now always do an additional 6% BMD
increasing by 1% for every 6 AP (No longer "upon obtaining 20 AP)

[Passive] - Twin Disciplines - No longer has "upon obtaining 10 Bonus Attack, Now
gains 6% spell vamp (down from 8)

[W] - Twilight Shroud - Cost is now always 60 (changes from 80/75/70/65/60)

[W] - Twilight Shroud - Cooldown is now 20/19/18/17/16 (instead of always 20)

Might as well rework shroud to include an active, where she can jump once to the center of the shroud. Possibly adding a movement speed buff for her and her team while in/on the shroud.

Her passive now more useless. Even IF they remove Gunblade they still need some adjustments to reward her.
They aren't nerfing her passive.
They are just changing the tooltips to reflect what went live with patch 3.02 (no longer having to make an exclusive rune page for Akali to utilize her passive).

On the PBE, they are giving her a minor buff with her Shroud (energy cost reduced, CD slightly lowered on level ups). However, this won't fix any of her problems.

comikins

05-20-2013

Quote:
They aren't nerfing her passive.
They are just changing the tooltips to reflect what went live with patch 3.02 (no longer having to make an exclusive rune page for Akali to utilize her passive).

On the PBE, they are giving her a minor buff with her Shroud (energy cost reduced, CD slightly lowered on level ups). However, this won't fix any of her problems.

*EDIT* Her passive is unchanged, her tool tip is simply being updated to reflect patch 3.02

o O

05-20-2013

Quote:
Yes, they ARE NERFING HER PASSIVE:

Current Akali - [Passive] - Twin Disciplines
Upon obtaining 20 Ability Power,Akali's basic attacks deal 8% bonus magic damage,increasing by 1% for every 6 Ability Power gained thereafter.

Upon obtaining 10 Bonus Attack Damage,Akali gains 8% Spell Vamp,increasing by an additional 1% for every 6 Bonus Attack Damage gained thereafter. Akali - [Passive] - Twin Disciplines

PBE Akali Passive:
Discipline of Force: Akali's basic attacks deal an additional 6% bonus magic damage,increasing by 1% for every 6 Ability Power.

Discipline of Might: Akali gains 6% Spell Vamp,increasing by 1% for every 6 Bonus Attack Damage.

Unless they nerfed it patched ago from 8% to 6% and I missed that?
Um, did you read my post? P_P

They are just changing the wording of the passive to reflect the changes that went live in patch 3.02 (more info can be found here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3118216).

Basically:
Quote:
Twin Disciplines

Discipline of Force
Now takes effect immediately instead of requiring 19.5 Ability Power
Base damage bonus reduced to 6% from 8%

Discipline of Might
Now takes effect immediately instead of requiring 9.5 Attack Damage
Base spell vamp bonus reduced to 6% from 8%
Since patch 3.02 (which was released several months ago), Akali no longer requires 19.5 AP and 9.5 AD to activate Discipline of Force and Discipline of Might. So, she gets the effect immediately from her passive. To compensate for getting the benefit from her passive immediately (rather than waiting till she has 19.5 AP and 9.5 AD), they lowered the base bonus. This is just a QoL change.

comikins

05-20-2013

Quote:
Um, did you read my post? P_P

They are just changing the wording of the passive to reflect the changes that went live in patch 3.02 (more info can be found here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3118216).

Basically:

Since patch 3.02 (which was released several months ago), Akali no longer requires 19.5 AP and 9.5 AD to activate Discipline of Force and Discipline of Might. So, she gets the effect immediately from her passive. To compensate for getting the benefit from her passive immediately (rather than waiting till she has 19.5 AP and 9.5 AD), they lowered the base bonus. This is just a QoL change.
Thanks, I missed the boat.

What did you think of my suggestion to her Twilight Shroud two posts prior? "Might as well rework shroud to include an active, where she can jump once to the center of the shroud. Possibly adding a movement speed buff for her and her team while in/on the shroud."

or

"Add a vision limiting effect to twilight shroud similar to how graves smoke screen works. This along with the vision that it gives alkali allot more utility. She will be able to conceal the approach of a jungle in lane, use it as a peel to protect the carries from dives, use it to zone carries from the fight, or save it and use it as an escape to hop to jungle creeps. All this with out increasing her damage."

o O

05-20-2013

Quote:
Thanks, I missed the boat.

What did you think of my suggestion to her Twilight Shroud two posts prior? "Might as well rework shroud to include an active, where she can jump once to the center of the shroud. Possibly adding a movement speed buff for her and her team while in/on the shroud."

or

"Add a vision limiting effect to twilight shroud similar to how graves smoke screen works. This along with the vision that it gives alkali allot more utility. She will be able to conceal the approach of a jungle in lane, use it as a peel to protect the carries from dives, use it to zone carries from the fight, or save it and use it as an escape to hop to jungle creeps. All this with out increasing her damage."
I like both of those suggestions.

I think they will definitely help Akali at higher level of play.