[Analysis / Discussion] Akali balance at Diamond

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexten

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sirrush View Post
Add a vision limiting effect to twilight shroud similar to how graves smoke screen works. This along with the vision that it gives alkali allot more utility. She will be able to conceal the approach of a jungle in lane, use it as a peel to protect the carries from dives, use it to zone carries from the fight, or save it and use it as an escape to hop to jungle creeps. All this with out increasing her damage.
So much this. Why does Graves need it? It suits Akali 1000 times better and would increase her utility without ever needing to increase damage output.

str0nk

05-17-2013

Front page.

Hexten

05-17-2013

Another low-cost change would be to make it so that Akali doesn't need to stop to W or E, like Zed's E or Sona when she changes her auras.

iZallen

05-17-2013

ok.

Mirror

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexten View Post
Another low-cost change would be to make it so that Akali doesn't need to stop to W or E, like Zed's E or Sona when she changes her auras.
I think that would be a fantastic QoL buff. At least, it's heavy on the QoL and just a teensy tiny buff.

M3TASH33P

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexten View Post
I like dis

Less clunky pls.

Thematically ninjas cant be clunky riot!

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by str0nk View Post
Akali is exactly what an assassin is then.
So, why are you OK with reducing her damage?
^

pretty much this

im fine with lower bases hell lower them more but for the love of god increase her q ratio, and possiblely the r with it now having a long cd

Fluffyknowsyou

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Lightning View Post
^

pretty much this

im fine with lower bases hell lower them more but for the love of god increase her q ratio, and possiblely the r with it now having a long cd
I'd rather they do the opposite, give me higher base damage and .75 ratio on her q. The early damage works well for her mid game, where she's strongest at. Currently I feel weak unless I've got 150 cs by 15. Let's face it, with a decent opponent 100 is damn good if they deny you well.

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayath View Post
Stop moving this thread to champion feedback. Nobody uses that forum.

Hello, I'm Sayath - Diamond III on EUW (www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/19330099). I play Akali exclusively since 11th May 2010 (her release date) and have around 3000 games with her (NA+EUW). You might know me from my successful skin transfer thread (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2707151).

By this you should have noticed that I am one of those heavily invested players. The league might have more than one-hundred champions, but for me there is only one: Akali

First things first: Skill transcends champion balance.
"Skill transcends champion balance"
My champion now has 99% damage reduction, 10 trillion hit points, and deals 100% of the enemy's maximum health as true damage with each basic attack (range 9001), and is healed for 90 billion times the damage dealt by this over 10 minutes (stacked on hit).

Beat me with Akali now, smartbutt.

You've truly spoken like someone who plays a champion with high damage, can teleport across the screen, and give herself stealth and a huge armor/resist bonus. Of COURSE you want to buff her, this is the champion you've played exclusively.

You've chosen to limit your perspective and then based your idea to further power up the only champion you've used on that woefully restricted viewpoint. Compare Akali's kit to Twitch and some other champions, think a while on this.

Fluffyknowsyou

05-18-2013

Bump for justice!