[Analysis / Discussion] Akali balance at Diamond

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexten

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Chiming in on today's changes: the Twilight Shroud vision is fun, and just a little disappointing. The vision is really not generous at all, and a minion has to be standing well within the circle (not even on the lip, where you can get away with staying in stealth) in order to be revealed.

Given the thickness of most walls, this reduces the chance that you'll be able to be in stealth on your side, and also reveal a target on the other side. Maybe they were going with the Akali player having to consciously make that either/or choice, but it's unfortunate.
Maybe they should increase the vision radius just abit? Like 50-75?

Lolerella

05-16-2013

Sorry, Riot doesn't balance the game for .01% of the playerbase.

Sayath

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolerella View Post
Sorry, Riot doesn't balance the game for .01% of the playerbase.
They in fact do though.
The caitlyn changes? The miss fortune changes? Numerical balance is most of the time done for competitive play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
In general, we change things for two reasons: Power level in competive play (AKA - why I keep pushing for more Lulu nerfs) or Gameplay problems in lower level play (AKA - why I keep pushing for Lifesteal Tank Melee to be shot, but that's a personal bias.)

You don't do numeric balance for low-level play - that's kind of rough to do. What you try to do is make sure that the power of the character scales with the skill of the environment that they're in.

Sometimes, it's impossible to do both with just numbers - that's why we do ability redesigns or kit reworks.

Dieinpeace1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2013

umm the biggest thing that makes akali powerlevel in each certain League so skewed is the fact that she takes advantage of dueling/ singled out targets. At plat and higher people make far less mistakes in getting cought out by themselves. While gold and below its so common place its no work at to find someone cought out to to get a free kill from.

Siriner

05-16-2013

Now since 3.7 patch is out whats the next step for Akali, Sttatik?

Sayath

05-16-2013

The first step is waiting for the data to flow in (until next week). Then I guess we talk again with Statikk.

Siriner

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayath View Post
The first step is waiting for the data to flow in (until next week). Then I guess we talk again with Statikk.
These changes were really really minor, what data do we even need to wait for?

like you said the old cd on akali ult didn;t made her vaible so this slight revert is nothing.

and voyboy just played akali on stream live and he said that he couldn't make use of W vision buff at all in that match and thats when he said he was trying really hard to use it.

Hexten

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriner View Post

like you said the old cd on akali ult didn;t made her vaible so this slight revert is nothing.

and voyboy just played akali on stream live and he said that he couldn't make use of W vision buff at all in that match and thats when he said he was trying really hard to use it.
Yes, I was watching the same stream as well. Riot nerfed Akali already knowing that she wasn't viable at high elo, as her old pre-nerf values still did not make her viable at Diamond. They don't need to wait for any data because of this.

Sayath

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriner View Post

Well, you don't need to convince me...
If I were balancing the game, the changes since S3 wouldn't have shipped in the first place.
Instead I would have probably worked out the whole improving skill ceiling before ever touching her.
The level of dedication is simply too different. I guess I would have gone the same route as Statikk if it were just another champion for me (@Statikk: nothing personal, but there is a hint of truth in there, isn't it? After all, even professionals have preferences. For your favorite champion, you do invest your free time and go out of your way if need be, right? Nothing wrong with that.).

Siriner

05-17-2013

oh and i forgot to mention that he also said that q still got hit really hard, so maybe increasing the ap ratio to 0.55 wouldn't be such a bad idea?