Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Analysis / Discussion] Akali balance at Diamond

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oHentai

05-02-2013

Logical thinking by the OP. Agreed entirely.

str0nk

05-02-2013

Quote:
AnimeBomber:
Logical thinking by the OP. Agreed entirely.

Great analysis. Bump.

notSoinan

05-02-2013

As a fellow Akali lover, owner of all currently purchasable Akali skins and a bumper of your 2K upvotes thread, I agree entirely. I'm ok with most of the changes but I feel like the ult one was too far, especially in light of red pot and 9 hp pot nerfs. I agree with you entirely on the shroud change and especially the passive change, it is something I really miss about Akali.

I was wondering but, how to you manage to play Akali every game? Looking at your lolking you have played 71 ranked games, all of which are as Akali. What if you can't get top or mid because there are other people that similarly to you, only play one or two lanes. What if you get top but the jungler and support aren't enough tankiness and need a hard initiator? She is my most played champion in ranked and probably normal but I can't always play her, as much as I would love to. Also, other than All-star Akali, what is your favourite skin? I love Silverfang Akali, in game it looks awesome.

Hexten

05-03-2013

R half revert fixes her R now. That's half way there. Now all Akali needs is a slight Q buff.

Increase AP ratio by 0.05 to retain the risk/reward factor they are looking for. Its a perfect change. It means by mid game, Akali should do her job the same as before, but this time the added risk at early levels, and if she opportunistically took risk to get ahead, the increased AP ratio SHOULD matter now and give her a bonus, especially with no more 9HP pot/2 ward start. Back to good old S1/2.

Fluffyknowsyou

05-03-2013

I'm a low level player,but the old akali was more fun.

Kvothe Kingkiler

05-03-2013

I love this post perfectly explains akali's current problems.
I really hope Riot listens they really need to revert the nerf to her ultimate and at least buff the ap ratio on activation part of mark maybe upto .5 or 6.

DavasiaN

05-03-2013

I'm just going to repost my response from reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/summoners/comments/1dlslg/indepth_analysis_of_the_current_state_of_akali/

The main argument of the post was that Akali was changed from high risk/reward to medium risk/reward. However, the balance changes he uses as examples do not decrease the risk/reward of Akali, but rather her damage output at different phases of the game. In fact, I would argue this point:

Quote:
b) Mark of the Assassin: Reduction of reward

Initial damage: 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 (+ 40% AP) down from 45 / 70 / 95 / 120 / 145 (+ 40% AP)
Detonation damage: 50% AP up from 40% AP

is actually an increase in risk/reward. Having lower base values and higher AP ratios make it higher risk to go for more damage (since high AP items give less survivability) and higher reward to get more damage.

This point is actually kind of silly:

Quote:
a) Twin Disciplines: Removal of entrance barrier

Essentially, you don't have to run the same Akali page like you previously had to. It has nothing to do with high risk/reward. All it has changed is that you don't have to run a special rune page just for Akali.

Quote:
d) Shadow Dance: Reduction of reward

This is actually an increase of risk/reward. Increasing the cooldown of the ultimate means you have to get kills/assists in order to restore stacks of your passive quickly. Yes, it was a nerf to Akali, but it did not lower the risk/reward.

His analysis just didn't match his hypothesis. Maybe if his argument was that Akali was over-nerfed, his supporting examples would make more sense.

Hexten

05-03-2013

Akali really needs the 30 base damage back. For a champion that only brings single-target damage, that part of her kit should of never got touched.

What's use of Akali if she can't do her job properly? She should of gotten a redistribution of power around her kit to increase her skill cap rather than a overall power level decrease.

I've just had a match where I couldn't kill a fleeing one bar HP opponent with 3 dashes, 4 times...

Parrots

05-03-2013

The only thing I'm really not liking about Akali right now is the CDR on her R. That was nerfed way too hard. Her Q could also do with an extra bit of damage, but whatever.

Męw

05-03-2013

Please Riot omg please