Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bring Warmog's back

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skrewtape

05-02-2013

Quote:
smurfgame:
play mundo and try that. come back and say it again after.

I've played a few arams with Mundo and won most of them. His q does decent poke, and building sunfire+visage+bulwark and even a frozen mallet, it's done quite decently indeed.

Zatachi13

05-02-2013

Mundo fares actually fairly well in Howling abyss. A really good poke, built in hp regen, one heck of a great built in hp regen steroid. While yes he can't get the 1% hp regen and instant 1000+ hp. He still has other ( although less devastating ) options. He simply can't tank 50 turret shots and laugh it off. I have yet to see a Mundo that didn't do well in the new map.

Dog Flatulence

05-02-2013

Quote:
Vaygas:
Guardian's Horn. For those who wanted a less-used item than Ohmwrecker.

if you don't want to use it thats fine, its an amazing initiator item available at start with boots one, and good hp regen to boot. It single-handedly makes champs such as Udyr, viable in aram early-midgame.

Celestya

05-02-2013

Quote:
Super Nomegeta:
Warmog's on ARAM created more problems than it solved.

Champions that needed Warmog's most bought it first, but ended up being meat bags that did no damage. It wasn't fun, but a team with multiple Warmog's would almost certainly destroy the team without. On a map without Recall, regeneration and health are premium stats and Warmog's was simply far too effective.

We specifically made Guardian's Horn to fill the early-game holes that Warmog's failed to fill, but not be nearly as frustrating to buy or fight against.

Too bad Guardian's Horn is entirely weak for a plethora of melee champs.

Rawth XI

05-02-2013

Quote:
Cubertt:
EXTRA EXTRA SPIRITS VISAGE IS AN EXISTING ITEM!

Some may not believe it but if you look under MR and HP there is this awesome cost efficient item that gives both and 20% CDR, and also makes the health relics and health pots heal for 20% more if nothing else.

Great item vs AP but... a lot of good that does you when the real problem is gap-closing against a heavy poke team, whether AP or AD or a mix. True in any mode really, but painfully true in some ARAM matchups.

Someone suggested an item with some sort of long-cd gap closer active on ARAM. I think that would definitely be useful on ARAM, probably on Dom too.

Zatachi13

05-02-2013

The only issue with an item that gives you a gap closer is that it can easily become op. Though I'm sure Riot would be able to think of something that would make it balanced. personally I wouldn't mind it if it didn't deal damage on it's own and just acted like a to target champion flash (not to target that would mean the poke champs could use it to get away using a minion). I mean what we need is to simply close the distance though some damage on it would be rather nice.

xKaizokux

05-02-2013

you people do realise there are other decent health items in the game,

Sunfire cape
Randuins omen - both of these give decent health and armor

Spirit visage
Banshee's veil - again both give decent health and MR

Frozen Mallet - 700 health is pretty damn good amount of health with the offensive bonus, if you are a bruiser or even a tank that AA a lot, just get that

If building only health was countering what they did with %armor/magic pen, it was obviously a blind spot during patches and they fixed it for ARAM

they also said that Health Regen was a major factor in ARAM since there are no other way to recover other than health packs and healing champs, Removing it was their way to address the issue

dream

Recruiter

05-02-2013

Even if Warmogs is gone forever it would be nice if there was some kind of single-slot option focused on HP that doesn't force you to overspend for other stats.

I mean the closest things we have to Warmogs are Frozen Mallet, ~500g more expensive for 300 less hp and a worse build-up, and RoA, which gives 350 less hp after 10 minutes(a long time in ARAM) and has useless stats for a bruiser/manaless champ.

Zatachi13

05-02-2013

Quote:
dream:
Even if Warmogs is gone forever it would be nice if there was some kind of single-slot option focused on HP that doesn't force you to overspend for other stats.

I mean the closest things we have to Warmogs are Frozen Mallet, ~500g more expensive for 300 less hp and a worse build-up, and RoA, which gives 350 less hp after 10 minutes(a long time in ARAM) and has useless stats for a bruiser/manaless champ.

I'm actually pondering why we can't have Overlords Bloodmail without the passive on Howling abyss. it's not as much hp as warmogs but it doesn't give hp regen that way and would be that one slot item for hp alone.

kingdo

05-02-2013

Quote:
Super Nomegeta:
Warmog's on ARAM created more problems than it solved.

Champions that needed Warmog's most bought it first, but ended up being meat bags that did no damage. It wasn't fun, but a team with multiple Warmog's would almost certainly destroy the team without. On a map without Recall, regeneration and health are premium stats and Warmog's was simply far too effective.

We specifically made Guardian's Horn to fill the early-game holes that Warmog's failed to fill, but not be nearly as frustrating to buy or fight against.

I have yet to play against any toon as the toon I am playing and be frustrated by warmogs. It is mediocre at it's best. If the team with warmog's was really destroying teams without, it was definately not the games I was playing in,
1% health/s means u get 50% of your health in just under 1 minute. Which is ridiculous cause most games are under 20 minutes. And you wont have bought a mog's till after the 5 min mark.
Warmog's was good on like 10/90 toons, and OK on about 10 more.
The horn is neat and cool, but doesn't fill the same role. Plz add warmog's back, I can almost gurantee it's not as the same as it was on Dominion (which I played in the top 1%)