Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bring Warmog's back

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghancc

05-02-2013

Please. It doesn't make sense.

George W Nome

Game Designer

05-02-2013

Warmog's on ARAM created more problems than it solved.

Champions that needed Warmog's most bought it first, but ended up being meat bags that did no damage. It wasn't fun, but a team with multiple Warmog's would almost certainly destroy the team without. On a map without Recall, regeneration and health are premium stats and Warmog's was simply far too effective.

We specifically made Guardian's Horn to fill the early-game holes that Warmog's failed to fill, but not be nearly as frustrating to buy or fight against.

Daharahj

05-02-2013

As someone who hates playing as and against bruisers, I don't have enough words to thank you Nome, you've made my ARAM experience much better.

Scullzomben

05-02-2013

Quote:
Super Nomegeta:
Warmog's on ARAM created more problems than it solved.

Champions that needed Warmog's most bought it first, but ended up being meat bags that did no damage. It wasn't fun, but a team with multiple Warmog's would almost certainly destroy the team without. On a map without Recall, regeneration and health are premium stats and Warmog's was simply far too effective.

We specifically made Guardian's Horn to fill the early-game holes that Warmog's failed to fill, but not be nearly as frustrating to buy or fight against.

Please bring back FoN then to have some sort of a chance against Heavy AP poke teams.

Zatachi13

05-02-2013

I don't mind the lack of warmogs on ARAM. However I do find that poke comp teams have a significant advantage over bruisers on the map. Namely most of the matches I have seen and played that had a team with a poke comp, well that team would dominate. Though that may just be my own misfortune or luck with matches.. I do wish the Guardian's horn had an upgraded form simply to make it last a little later in the game or allow it to build into something if only to give it a little more appeal. I do doubt that would be balanced with its active though.

Daharahj

05-02-2013

Quote:
Zatachi13:
I don't mind the lack of warmogs on ARAM. However I do find that poke comp teams have a significant advantage over bruisers on the map. Namely most of the matches I have seen and played that had a team with a poke comp, well that team would dominate. Though that may just be my own misfortune or luck with matches.. I do wish the Guardian's horn had an upgraded form simply to make it last a little later in the game or allow it to build into something if only to give it a little more appeal. I do doubt that would be balanced with its active though.

Poke teams have strong early and really weak late compared to what most melee chars can bring when coordinating with one another.

They're not that hard to beat when you learn to stall and engage when you have the advatage, even though it's hard to do without a premade.

If you nerf poke teams' early game then you're basically destroying the only thing they're good at.

If there's something in ARAM that's way too strong right now are ADCs, usually if you let the team with an ADC hold the game for 20 mins and you don't have an ADC of your own, you basically lost.

Ghancc

05-02-2013

A lot of champs need warmog's or else they just get out poked.

Health regeneration is so hard to come by. What are tanks supposed to build besides bulwark every time now?

Zatachi13

05-02-2013

Quote:
Daharahj:
Poke teams have strong early and really weak late compared to what most melee chars can bring when coordinating with one another.

They're not that hard to beat when you learn to stall and engage when you have the advatage, even though it's hard to do without a premade.

If you nerf poke teams' early game then you're basically destroying the only thing they're good at.

If there's something in ARAM that's way too strong right now are ADCs, usually if you let the team with an ADC hold the game for 20 mins and you don't have an ADC of your own, you basically lost.

I do have to agree with that.

Vaygas

05-02-2013

Guardian's Horn. For those who wanted a less-used item than Ohmwrecker.

SirLucious LftFt

05-02-2013

EXTRA EXTRA SPIRITS VISAGE IS AN EXISTING ITEM!

Some may not believe it but if you look under MR and HP there is this awesome cost efficient item that gives both and 20% CDR, and also makes the health relics and health pots heal for 20% more if nothing else.