Reset ranked stats

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niggiam

05-02-2013

can i reset my ranked stats in season 4 because i am stuck in elohell?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-02-2013

First thing, 'Elo Hell' as most people who complain about it perceive it, is a myth. You're there for a reason, and while you might belong a hundred or so Elo higher, any more than that and you wouldn't find yourself having issues carrying yourself out of there. Focus on improving your own play, as well as refraining from criticizing your teammates.

Second, the other two season transitions came with a 'soft' reset, that is everyone's Elo was normalized towards average, but it wasn't a hard reset.

Hiryuu16

05-02-2013

Let's go over a few points here. These won't get you to gold alone, but no reason to make the climb harder than you have to.

* Runes. You have one complete rune page, and it's not a good one. Start with these three pages:
* * AD: AD red, Armor yellow, Magic Resist blue, AD quints (all flat)
* * AP: Magic Pen red, Armor yellow, Magic Resist blue, AP quints (all flat)
* * Support: Same as AP, but GP10 quints.

* Masteries. You can add pages for free, so look up builds for your favorite champs. They almost all have 21 in one tree, and 9 in another.

* Last-hitting. Start a custom game with only yourself and last-hit minions for 20 minutes with no distractions. 200 is possible, but 150 is a reasonable target. 50-60 is just not good, and you will find yourself starved for gold.

* Die less. I know tanks and supports tend to die frequently in a loss, but you killed more than you died in only 1 of the 9 ranked games in your history.

Fs Son0fSilas

05-02-2013

Even if they did reset ranked, and began everyone at the exact same spot... do you honestly think you'll have a better chance of advancing? Sure, you could get carried by some higher skilled players into, hell I'll be generous, Silver 1. Seriously, be completely honest. Do you actually think you are capable of playing at that level?

You need to put the work in to get better. Riot reseting Ranked, will do absolutely nothing for you otherwise.

AbuZerg

05-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
First thing, 'Elo Hell' as most people who complain about it perceive it, is a myth. You're there for a reason, and while you might belong a hundred or so Elo higher, any more than that and you wouldn't find yourself having issues carrying yourself out of there. Focus on improving your own play, as well as refraining from criticizing your teammates.

Second, the other two season transitions came with a 'soft' reset, that is everyone's Elo was normalized towards average, but it wasn't a hard reset.

i dissagree a lot, im stuck in bronce 4 and i dare to say that most of the time is cause someone on my team:

a) refuses to play a tank even when we are facing 3 and the rest of the team is squishy or just not tankie enough

b)they want x rol, and if they dont get it they feed or troll

c)they feed

d)0 knowledge of the game, no wards, no mias, bad item build overall

e) They AFK

theres been a lot of games when by example mid feed akali early game 3kills, i help our adc to get some kills without die, 1-2, in mid game fed akali rape me 6 deaths cause mid fed her, and mid cry of me feeding and tell everyone to report me o_o

other example tha happens often, i 1-2 pick, and i go lets say ADC and ask for the team to get a tank or 2, and happens this:

people 1: i dont support
people 2: (ignores me) pick a teemo for top
people 3: mid lux
people 4: shaco jungle
people 1:im dont have support champ (he picks yi)

then in game happens this:

teemo does ok but dont manage to win his lane, die a few times.
mid, same has teemo
shaco same
yi refuses to wards or try to support he dies a few times.
i survive but not able to farm or die a few times cause yi is useless.

mid game they got 3 tanks that we cant take down or ignore to go for the damage dealers we lose.

this happens almost 3 of each 5 games.

you can say u should tank then, and i disaggree with that i deserve to be able to play other rols than tank, and even if i tank, often happens that someone feeds and we lose.

i want a restart too

Hiryuu16

05-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuZerg View Post
you can say u should tank then, and i disaggree with that i deserve to be able to play other rols than tank, and even if i tank, often happens that someone feeds and we lose.
You can play any role you want; you don't need to earn or deserve it. If you're playing to win, however, you should play the role your team needs. For that, tanky jungle is probably your best bet for propping up lackluster teammates. AD Carry is probably the least helpful, since most games down there are decided in the first 20 minutes, when ADC is still relatively weak.

Also, those rune pages...

TehomCD

05-03-2013

When you're low bronze, there's so many things that you're doing wrong that fixing any of them will help you go higher. When I play with low Elo friends, I can tell from just playing against someone if they're bronze or silver or whatever just based on things they do; there's huge, glaring mistakes that you would never see better players make, even if you're not able to punish them for it in the current game. Your Elo isn't comprised of any one thing you do - it's a huge collection of behaviors, of small things you could be doing better, and any single one of them will cost you a game here or there.

I feel the same is true of my play, and diamond players would easily be able to point out massive mistakes I'm making that I'm completely oblivious to, and I'm hoping will become apparent with time.

OmfgWalrus

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuZerg View Post
i dissagree a lot, im stuck in bronce 4 and i dare to say that most of the time is cause someone on my team:

a) refuses to play a tank even when we are facing 3 and the rest of the team is squishy or just not tankie enough

b)they want x rol, and if they dont get it they feed or troll

c)they feed

d)0 knowledge of the game, no wards, no mias, bad item build overall

e) They AFK

theres been a lot of games when by example mid feed akali early game 3kills, i help our adc to get some kills without die, 1-2, in mid game fed akali rape me 6 deaths cause mid fed her, and mid cry of me feeding and tell everyone to report me o_o

other example tha happens often, i 1-2 pick, and i go lets say ADC and ask for the team to get a tank or 2, and happens this:

people 1: i dont support
people 2: (ignores me) pick a teemo for top
people 3: mid lux
people 4: shaco jungle
people 1:im dont have support champ (he picks yi)

then in game happens this:

teemo does ok but dont manage to win his lane, die a few times.
mid, same has teemo
shaco same
yi refuses to wards or try to support he dies a few times.
i survive but not able to farm or die a few times cause yi is useless.

mid game they got 3 tanks that we cant take down or ignore to go for the damage dealers we lose.

this happens almost 3 of each 5 games.

i want a restart too
1. Build according to what/who you are going against to many people use 1 exact build and nothing else. there is no such thing as a set build yes there are core items like adc should get an IE like 95% of the time I never say 100% cuz even with IE there could be a better item for the situation at hand.

2. Stop complaining about your teammates and figure out what you can do to win.

3. don't play an adc unless you are willing to rely on a random person who you do not even know in order to feed you.

4. don't expect every one to just say yes to any role some people may hate support and that in of itself is gonna make them play horribly because they are not having fun.

5. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ELO HELL, im not even lvl 30 in this game so far and I know this, its just another excuse for bad players to not grow a set and take the fact that they are just plain bad into account for the reason why they lost. you are at the rank in which your skill will put you get better at the game, do you honestly think that there isn't people at higher elo that end up quiting, or don't play certain roles? its no different in other elo except that you need more skill to be there that's it.

KOblivion

05-03-2013

Resetting ranked will start a "ELO HELL" The plat players will destroy you. then you will have something to whine about.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

INB4: Dunning–Kruger effect

12345 ... 9