Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Free Win Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowDark

05-03-2013

With only three champions per team, team composition becomes crucial. There are plenty of situations where having an AP or ADC is a better pick than a 3rd bruiser. It all depends on the champions your enemy is playing.

Soft Tortoise

Recruiter

05-03-2013

The people who are down voting the original post are the once who are always playing singed, jax, darius ect

Martyrofsand

05-03-2013

Quote:
Epic Magnus:
Singed, Tryndamere, Jax, Teemo, Kayle, Garen, Darius, Vi, Voli, any bruiser/tanky/dmg...

Are OP on 3v3. Some people don't get this. I had a guy say Ashe is as good as Singed on 3's. Seriously!?

All I ever see are these champs, so I started calling them free win champs. You can't pick an AP mage or adc and hope to do half as well as these bruiser carries on 3v3's.

Singed, yes
Tryn, no
Jax, no
Kayle, yes
Teemo, hell no
Garen, rofl
Darius, el oh el
Vi, yes
Voli, no

There are champs on this map that are absolutely crazy, but with the exception of 3 that you named you are not even close. The only champs one this map that are broken are...

Singed
Kayle
Vi
Zac
Amumu(this is debatable I'll admit but if he isn't broken he's strong as hell)
Cassiopeia(seriously she is so sleeper OP on this map, its like the best kept secret in the game)
Kha'Zix

Those 7 are really about the only free win champs on this map. They are insanely strong in a 3v3 set up, and some are just insanely strong period, as well as some of the items available on 3v3 that are not available on 5v5 are what really put them over the top, I'm looking at you BFT and Zhonya's Ring wanna be Witchcap.

That and in some cases the extra gold at the start, as being able to start with a tear of the goddess on Cass and Singed is STUPID good.

Infirc

05-03-2013

i Dunno, Zyra, Syndra and Annie are pretty viable ap mages on TT, Fizz is squishy and not a amge but he cna stomp stuff too.

Pretty much AP picks work like this on TT (wtih exceptions of Viktor and Xerath).:
Skim through Aps you'd like to play:
Does his/her/its name's phonetics have two or less syllabes?
if yes Viable if Not not viable
Does his her its name phonetics have more than two syllabes?
If yes, Not viable don't pick that champion, If Not, VIable

CowHindoo

05-03-2013

Quote:
Epic Magnus:
Singed, Tryndamere, Jax, Teemo, Kayle, Garen, Darius, Vi, Voli, any bruiser/tanky/dmg...

Are OP on 3v3. Some people don't get this. I had a guy say Ashe is as good as Singed on 3's. Seriously!?

All I ever see are these champs, so I started calling them free win champs. You can't pick an AP mage or adc and hope to do half as well as these bruiser carries on 3v3's.

Teemo is useless now. CAuse sight items. But you forgot Wukong.

Vallock

05-03-2013

Quote:
Singed
Kayle
Vi
Zac
Amumu(this is debatable I'll admit but if he isn't broken he's strong as hell)
Cassiopeia(seriously she is so sleeper OP on this map, its like the best kept secret in the game)
Kha'Zix

Poison with BFT is just nasty making all poison champs sick.... Teemo is shut down with a HTS thus scratching him off the original list... in 3s team fights are more common so Team stopping champions have sick potential.

Woulfz

05-03-2013

Fizz and Akali on the map are insane

Mavrik V

Recruiter

05-05-2013

People sure like to theorycraft about how any champion is counterable, but the reality is certain champions are better than others. I don't care how great you are as Ashe, I will kill you as Singed eventually, even if you start the game 5-0. Ghost+R+Swiftness Boots /w Alacrity combined with Rylias, and I will get to you, and you will die.

If you're queuing into a Normal blind-pick 3v3 match, and my team runs top lane Singed, bot lane Kayle, and jungle Jax, my team will destroy you, even if I'm playing against Diamond players. I've beaten well over a dozen diamond ranked 3v3 players as an unranked player, because team comp matters.