Lux VS Morgana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celetial

11-13-2010

Morgana got her snare range nerfed as Lux comes out, and her snare doesn't go through first target, so you might want to get used that first. A good Morgana is determined by the accuracy and timing of skill shots, the placement of her aoe pool, and the timing of her black shield. She's not exactly easier than Lux but because her ult and her build-in spell vamp, she's by far one of the top 3 support hero in this game. So good that Morgana is almost always banned in a ranked game.

I play both Lux and Morgana many times. I kill and almost never have to die as them in normal games.

Morgana can kill a Lux without even trying. Black shield, ult, a lux dead. Honestly she doesn't even need to try. I play around Morgana to solo a Mundo, Rammus, and Lux. With turrets and ult, I can kill two of them without them getting to me. Her black shield can save herself or one other person from any disables for a period of time instead of just damage. That's like a free banshee for some duration. That means that you can walk through those stun, fear, slow, poison without any fear. What would you be disappointed about?

Can you honestly feel confident about Lux 1 vs 1 anyone who is decent? No, you almost can never do that unless you have all your skills + champion skills on and they are about half hp and playing stupid. While Morgana can solo most champs early game without giving a ****.

Of course, you can kill a bad Morgana with Lux, I have done it before, but you have to seriously outplay her in every area. You have to use your range to out-snare her, save a Flash to get out of her ult when needed, and basically make her waste everything as much as possible and take her down bit by bit. Problem is, you almost can never out damage her and it takes a lot of gamble on your end to take her down one time while she doesn't even have to think about how to kill you.

P.S Morgana can "carry"(heavy support) her team to victory, while Lux can't do as powerfully since she's currently UP in every aspect against a Morgana except her range.

Hnkllr

11-13-2010

lux and morgana are similiar champs but there is a difference. when i play morgana its like "oh wtf how much dmg does she do" and when i play lux "**** why she can hold 2 people"

lux is a more team dependent hero than morgana

Katanya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

I get called a baddie a lot on Morgana when I get more assists then kills, but truly its hard to get kills with her when her ult you have to get in melee range and then having to chase those down to get the end damage. Her auto attack sucks and only time I get kills is when their really low on health and I put Torment Soil under them to get the kill. Other than that I get KS a lot. Her shield is about the only thing that is really good on her.

Hnkllr

11-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katanya View Post
I get called a baddie a lot on Morgana when I get more assists then kills, but truly its hard to get kills with her when her ult you have to get in melee range and then having to chase those down to get the end damage. Her auto attack sucks and only time I get kills is when their really low on health and I put Torment Soil under them to get the kill. Other than that I get KS a lot. Her shield is about the only thing that is really good on her.

well her auto attacks are probably the worst in the game. but in the other point i have to say that you are maybe doing something wrong

Fluffy1

11-13-2010

there isnt really much of a difference between them, they both do negligible damage, have limited support ability, conflicting character design involving 1 or more parts of their long ranged arsenal to get close, they can both farm and essentially both are shield bots like it or not.

morg is tankier and hits a little harder(but shes still terrible damage) but morg is also easier to shutdown(in fact the easiest hero in the game to shutdown), plus morg is dead slow and has the shortest ranged auto attack(and the slowest annimation) which is why people believe lux to be a better morgana when the reality of the matter is that they are both mediocre in this tanky meta game.

hoodyear

11-13-2010

If you say that Lux are your main, thats mean that your a new player, and play at low skill level. Not only cuz Lux are new champion, but cuz more experienced players got not main champion, but main role. And that's arent good or best players, just mediocre.

There are much more better champions than Lux. Not only Morgana surpasses Lux in support and killing power, but also Kayle, Sona, Janna, Nidalee, Soraka and etc.

Right now Lux are bad in comparer with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikis View Post
Well compare them, the skill stats are all at level 5:

Morgana and Lux both have a skill shot snare (Dark Binding and Light Binding respectively).
-Dark Binding: 300 Base Damage, 3 second Snare Duration, 0.9 AP Scaling, Single Target
-Light Binding: 260 Base Damage, 2 second Snare Duration, 0.7 AP Scaling, Dual Target, second target taking half of the effects of the first.

Morgana and Lux both have a shield they can use on other people (Black Shield and Prismatic Barrier respectively)
-Black Shield: 300 Absorption, Lasts 8 Seconds, 0.8 AP Scaling, Single Target, Blocks All Negative Effects
-Prismatic Barrier: 150 Absorption, Lasts 3 Seconds, 0.3 AP Scaling, Can hit whole team.

I'd rather have Black Shield, but then again, even Kayle's Invulnerability ulti pales in comparison to Black Shield.
Theirs Q also differs in range, morganas snare got 1300, and lux 900. So if you chase, morgana got upper hand in snare.

And morganas shield are awesome cuz of CC block. 1-2 blocked CC for fleeing champ, or carry in team fight, worth much much more than luxes team shielding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
I play both, and I have to say they feel somewhat similar. I played Morgana first, and actually now use almost my exact Morgana build with Lux. Only difference is that, instead of Z's ring I go for some other AP item (usually Deathfire).

To sum it up, Morgana is a nuker-support. Lux is a support-nuker.
AP nuker without zhonya? Best flat ap item with +25% bonus to total ap, and build in invul? I strongly disagree with such statement.
And whats more important Morgana are better at supping than Lux. Morgana are one of top banned champs btw, and did you ever see banned Lux? So there are no place for such discussion.

So ye Morgana are better than Lux, and if your not, than you doing it wrong.

Katanya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

No I'm pretty sure I'm not. I always use my ulti when my tanks do theirs. Usually it comes out the melee dps takes the last hit. I have gone 12/0/15 with her a lot. Only time when I have a good team comp and my teammates aren't *****ing at each other all the time. I try to say away from Tryn/Veigar/Vlad seems to me my shield is useless to these guys. I don't play Lux did try her on free week. She was alright. I just get tired of people yelling at me when playing Morgana because I had already used my stun to help with a gank and when they turn around and kill him the person usually like Morgana why didn't you kill him, or ask me why I didn't use my stun to help them get away. Well I don't want to sit there and auto attack and give them first blood because my auto sucks. I rather slap these kinda people thinking Morgana is a physical carry. I think shes fine where she is, just don't like her ulti as being a support/mage and having to go in melee range to use her ulti then having to chase down who ever is their carry to get the stun/dmg in.

dartsayless

11-13-2010

I disagree with Lux not being a good champ. I have vsed MF., Kog. and Morg. mid. Was able to push mid Twr when vsing MF. Even killed her a couple times. Against Kog I was farming better than him. All I had to worry about was his mortars. No problems vsing morg mid either.

Spells Dash Clar or Flash Clar

Official Noob

01-26-2011

Morgana is really about the skill, if u dont play her good he is going to suck so ******* bad that ur team wants to ban u.

YangTianChou

Recruiter

01-26-2011

i think lux is better at keep people from running away.. since she both snare and slow~~ plus her ult have very long range, most likely to finish off the low health runner....

but on the other hand morg deal much more damage.. or it seem...

p.s. the problem with lux's shield is duration.. would be nice if they could extend it to 5 second..