Lux VS Morgana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bulavoda

11-12-2010

Everyone keeps saying Lux is "Morgana lite", I main Lux and have done quite well, but i have never played Morgana.

I have 3200 IP and am thinking of trying her out, is she really a better version of Lux?
Or am I going to be disappointed.

EDIT: I bought Morgana, and i think i am ready to give a break down on my thoughts.

And before i start, I have played MANY games as Lux, and i would call myself somewhat "Pro", i have gone between 19 - 25 kills with as little as 1 - 4 deaths a round, and a fairly high amount of assists, around 15ish.
I have had games where most of the enemy team has friended me.
And i didn't use Lux Ult as a "free kill steal", like i have seen so often.

I have only played one game as Morgana and I went 9/7/29.
I found is a lot harder to get killing blows as Morgana, but i didn't mind because i still did a lot of damage, and the assists spoke for themselfs.

Q:

Lux' Q in my mind is much better when it comes to escaping, holding two people when the whole group is chasing me really helps a lot.
When it comes to offence hitting two helps when minions are close to my main target, having half the stun is still something, with only one person it was harder to find openings.

Morgana on the other hand has a really nice punch behind her Q, it felt more like an attack than just a hold in place for my E.
But it was a really good help with my E too.

AOE: (W:Morgana E:Lux)

Lux' E stands better on it's own, it's harder to see and can be collapsed apon landing to do instant damage, but still is useful for a slow to escape, but it even can't kill a pack of minions at level 18.

Morgana's W however when combined with her Q is very deadly, and it's nice to be able to kill a pack of minions with just one spell, it slows while damaging so people are a lot less likely to chase me through it.

Shield: (E:Morgana W:Lux)

Lux' shield is useful is team fights in an over all sense, with everyone getting shielded it has the upper hand in 5v5 fights, but when it comes to solo, i rarely use it due to the fact that i have to stop to use it, not very good for running away.

Morgana's shield however I love, if the other team focus fires I really felt like i was saving my shield target. With a Vlad and Teemo on the other team the round i played, Vlad's Ult, Teemo's mushrooms and once i fight that pesky Karthus, ahem.
I enjoyed my shield blocking some real damage.

Ult:

Lux' Ult is reeeeally nice for getting kills, when it comes to fleeing champions, enemies about to kill a friend, or saving a turret from a far. Hell i can't think of a down side, short CD, tons of damage, veeery far range, good stuff.

Morgana's Ult, okay, this is an interesting Ult, i have only played one round as Morgana but it was very useful in 5v5 fights, running from champions that are gaining on me, the stun helped for tossing my AOE on them. I haven't made up my mind abohttp://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.phput this Ult, but i like what i see thus far.

So my thoughts are, Lux is a lot easier to get fed playing, with a good lane partner I quickly gather a lot of kills and push the lane, while harassing the enemies in the lane without taking any damage myself it's easy to pick them off while they port back to base at the tower, Lux level 6 game is nearly unmatchable.

Morgana on the other hand i found my lane partner got most the kills, but i could kill a lot more minions, nearly evening out the gold i didn't get from kills, while getting a fed lane partner.
I also enjoyed not running out of mana every 5 seconds, but without a sniper Ult i found people escaped while near dead a lot more often.

I will need to play Morgana a lot more to find what one i enjoy better, but i really enjoy both champions.

Rikis

11-12-2010

Well compare them, the skill stats are all at level 5:

Morgana and Lux both have a skill shot snare (Dark Binding and Light Binding respectively).
-Dark Binding: 300 Base Damage, 3 second Snare Duration, 0.9 AP Scaling, Single Target
-Light Binding: 260 Base Damage, 2 second Snare Duration, 0.7 AP Scaling, Dual Target, second target taking half of the effects of the first.

Morgana and Lux both have a shield they can use on other people (Black Shield and Prismatic Barrier respectively)
-Black Shield: 300 Absorption, Lasts 8 Seconds, 0.8 AP Scaling, Single Target, Blocks All Negative Effects
-Prismatic Barrier: 150 Absorption, Lasts 3 Seconds, 0.3 AP Scaling, Can hit whole team.

I'd rather have Black Shield, but then again, even Kayle's Invulnerability ulti pales in comparison to Black Shield.

Tennessee

11-12-2010

My thoughts are, Lux is a bit more supportive of her team, not a nuker. But hey, then again, Morgana is pretty powerful.

Qeomash

11-12-2010

I play both, and I have to say they feel somewhat similar. I played Morgana first, and actually now use almost my exact Morgana build with Lux. Only difference is that, instead of Z's ring I go for some other AP item (usually Deathfire).

To sum it up, Morgana is a nuker-support. Lux is a support-nuker.

Topsy Crets

11-12-2010

Better is an understatement. They are both similar in skills but Morgana dishes out more and Lux protects more.

Tvor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-12-2010

and Morgana is beefier and Lux is squishie

JazzDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

The issue with lux is that if you want a pure support there are better support options out there and if you want a Mage Nuke/Disabler Morgana does the job much better - therefore there are champions that do what Lux does better whatever route she chooses to take.

I don't see any of Lux's skills as a definite reason to choose her over other champions - if you like to play her that's cool, and if you play her well all the better, she can hold her own in a game if you master her, but if you look at potential ratios and overall usefulness in a team Morgana is a better choice.

If you enjoy playing Lux and are good with her abilities I would definitely recommend getting Morgana, since if you master her you will end up being more useful for your team than if you master Lux.

Just keep in mind, things change in online games with all the patches, nerfs and buffs, you never know what might happen.

Bulavoda

11-13-2010

I bought Morgana, updated my main post.

HoloHoro

11-13-2010

I recall a time when I was Lux (and I'm fairly good I believe) taking mid as the rest of the team didn't want it. I was put up against a Morgana, who was deadset terrible. Missed every skillshot, puddled melee minions only, ect. I hit every single one of my skillshots, activated the passive, and performed Q, Auto, E, Auto combos and would hurt her significantly. Yet the killing blow eluded me and as soon as she got spell shield she would run through her minions, activate her Ulti then hit me with the snare after being stunned.I felt downright cheated that I performed almost to the max Lux's ability only to be beaten by trash that uses 1 move that shuts me down.

In short; Lux is truly Morg 0.5. Its not that she is bad, maybe a little UP (her shield needs either a rework or better ratios) but that Morgana is just so much better.

elWhiteNinja

11-13-2010

yep morg is the man, lux is meh.

1v1 morg wins probably 1 morg vs 2 luxs would still go to morg.

I main morg and can do well with lux but when ever i play lux i think 'man i wish i was morg'