Upgraded Tribes Icon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saiuke

05-02-2013

Quote:
How long after I complete my 10th win will I receive my icon?

It can take up to 48 hours for you to receive the icon of your chosen tribe. You’ll know you’ve successfully completed the process when you find an upgraded version of the tribe’s icon available in-client.
I just completed my 10th win with my Ashe tribe icon. But I've noticed that no one on my friends list has obtained the upgraded icon. Everyone has the basic one with the little timer on the side (as do I).

Has anyone obtained the upgraded icon yet? If I wait two days, will I definitely get to see my icon?

Thank you! And thanks Riot for such a great event!

Chief Rollie

05-02-2013

When i logged back in an hour after my 10th win i found my permanent Avarosan icon, the only difference is that it doesn't have the little timer thing. It should be at the top of the icon list with all the other ones you had to earn.

Saiuke

05-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rollie View Post
When i logged back in an hour after my 10th win i found my permanent Avarosan icon, the only difference is that it doesn't have the little timer thing. It should be at the top of the icon list with all the other ones you had to earn.
Ok I'll check back then! Thanks!

And really? It's just the same icon without the timer? I thought "upgraded" would mean more than that...

Chief Rollie

05-02-2013

I was expecting like a golden border or something along those lines but upgrade means the clock is gone lol.

KS Proxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togoland View Post
I've definitely won more than 10 match made games and have not "unlocked" it without the timer thing. Does Aram not count? I was pretty sure that Howling Abyss was included in the list of matchmade maps in the original post.
ARAM does count. Did you change your icon at any point? If not, then this:

Quote:
How long after I complete my 10th win will I receive my icon?

It can take up to 48 hours for you to receive the icon of your chosen tribe. You’ll know you’ve successfully completed the process when you find an upgraded version of the tribe’s icon available in-client.

Saiuke

05-02-2013

Thanks all for the info!

And Riot, you really shouldn't call taking off the little clock an "upgraded icon" ... Kind of got my hopes up with that but it's ok because new icons are cool nonetheless :< just letting you know though...

Tio Nacho

05-07-2013

i tought "upgraded" would be somethingmore than the same icon, just without the timer... can u do something about it riot? i was kind of exited to get my new, upgraded tribe icon, and i only got a little dissapointed with that... maybe you should think more before giving us hopes like that, yeah its not a big deal, and it may be our fault because of thinking "upgraded" would be something better... but common guys.. at least a ribbon? a glowing tribe icon?...

Burn the Witches

05-07-2013

I have it. Took about a day for it to show up in my icons list though.

Its a separate icon by the way.