Really? OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onegarion

05-07-2013

Lets see some more feedback. I can't have a perfect thread.

Kholdstare13

05-08-2013

There are some true OPs based on the mode, but Riot claims they are working to fix this with mode-specific champion balance. We may finally see Kassadin nerfed into oblivion on Dominion and Treeline.

Soferir

05-09-2013

Buuuuuuump

Soferir

05-09-2013

Welcome back to the first page.

Evolnemesis

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
There are some true OPs based on the mode, but Riot claims they are working to fix this with mode-specific champion balance. We may finally see Kassadin nerfed into oblivion on Dominion and Treeline.
Yeah, this is true, and mode-specific balance for champs would be cool... it would open up a whole bunch of champs that were totally unusable in some different game modes and hit the ones that are problems there... Treeline especially has had some serious balance issues all along, mainly thanks to the smaller teamfights.

Once they have this in place, introducing at least some sense of actual balance into the other game modes, hopefully it will allow them to actually start having ranked play for at least one of them. They actually promised ranked dominion play would be in place a while ago... then never followed through... They haven't commented on that as far as I know, but I'm thinking the reason is they figured out that they needed better mode-specific balance, and what they've been doing with mode-specific items and gold/xp generation alone just wasn't cutting it to make the modes balanced enough. There are way too many champs that are just totally useless in some modes, and too many that are just extremely dominating.

Onegarion

05-09-2013

Balancing those champs through play styles would be nice. this would make many champs more viable to use and not sit on the side lines. I think it would really lead to many discussions of UP champs coming to an end. They would be solved with a "Try them in ____ instead of ____."

Again champs may be "OP" in certain modes, but are they Really OP in this mode or are others just not playing as well. I mean even if you can't counter pick a champ that you think is AP shut them down early. Let another lane lag a bit behind by keeping that 1 snowballing champ down so you can keep the tide in your favor.

Should have a new edit to it in about 5 minutes. Look for it under "Right role?

SeiYouSiLa

05-09-2013

Omg even a lvl17 understand this, it's not about the champion it's about the PERSON you're playing against who is better than you, why is it so hard for the rest of you mofos to understand and accept this fact

Onegarion

05-10-2013

Its hard for many others to accept this because well they hate losing. Its easier to say what you are doing is right and hurt everyone else so they can't play as well.

Updated a short part.

Evolnemesis

05-10-2013

There definitely is OP in other game modes... Twisted Treeline for example has long had problems with balance... Really only about 30% of champs were even viable at all there for a long time. Champs who were designed to be able to tank/offtank in 5v5 fights just became totally impossible to kill in 3v3, making those champs TOTALLY outclass nearly every other champ in treeline for a long time... it became basically bruiser treeline, with bruisers ruling it and only a few other champs even being playable. If you picked any other champ besides the 20-30 that worked in 3v3, you couldn't farm, you would never kill anyone, and you would be easier to kill than anyone else, all game.

In SR, the champs are balanced around the larger teamfights and longer games, many of the strengths or weaknesses that are put on champs to balance them in SR never came into play in 3v3, meaning some champs got to enjoy all their strong points with none of the drawbacks the champ was designed to have, and a lot of other champs could never get to that situation where they are strong, and only had to deal with all their champ's weaknesses. That caused a very big imbalance of power and was the reason why most champs were practically useless there.

Even with all the work they have done to make Treeline balanced so far, with the changes to the map and the items and gold/xp generation, it still has a minority of champs who just totally outclass almost everyone else.there in practically every meaningful way. Even Riot seems to think there is a problem, at least enough to keep making changes to try and balance those game modes better... that's why they are implementing this new mode-specific champion balance.

Onegarion

05-10-2013

Now All of this is mainly for the 5v5 summoners rift. I have no saying on twisted treeline, Dominion, or the latest ARAM. They all probably do, but unless they take each map and have champs with different stats, so a Maokai in SR will not be the same as the one in TT and Dominion and ARAM. But until they do that there will always be OP guys in other formats, but I don't think Riot uses those formats as their main focus. But these can still be used as guidelines for gauging OP in general.

Again I really doubt Riot is going to change a character because they are un counterable in ARAM. Its just not going to happen. I'm going to add this point or at least a disclaimer.