Really? OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soferir

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadpaintchips View Post
honestly, we need this thread (or something like this) stickied for the feedback! Just a simple "calm down and think things through." message to stop the raging.
If we want this to be stickied, we'll have to do it ourselves. Bump this thread often to make sure it stays on the front page.

Evolnemesis

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLifestealer View Post
Tristana's passive gives her greater AA range based on her level, so at 18, she outreaches any other champ with autoattacks.

Also, thank you for being one of the few beacons of hope among the half-baked threads on this forum, it's always quite rejuvenating seeing some critical thinking and a healthy dose of introspection out of other leaguers lol.
Caitlyn still beats her range almost all game, and doesn't need to wait. And Twitch or Kog can get their auto-attacks to go farther with their abilities.

Onegarion

05-03-2013

Just updated everything for all. Let me know what you think and I like the great feedback and constructive discussion.

Nasus AU

05-03-2013

Great post, you're far above what is normal for most players, let alone a level 17 :P

I look forward to getting my ass kicked by you in the future.

Nakawaka

05-03-2013

....Tristana's range is 700 at 18. If you want to refer to ult and Q, then yes Cait has better "range"

Frightning

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplier2 View Post
My god man, for being a level 17 you have far, far more insight and wisdom than many people I see in this game. When you finally hit 30, I would be more than glad to see you in any of my games, with or against me =).

P.S. Ryze is actually unique in that he builds mana for damage, not just AP, but you'll learn these little tidbits along the way!
Gotta agree, very keen observations and insight for a level 17 summoner! Good to see such an inexperienced player with that kind of good conceptual understand of how things work in LoL.

Evolnemesis

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakawaka View Post
....Tristana's range is 700 at 18. If you want to refer to ult and Q, then yes Cait has better "range"
This whole thing is really off-topic anyway... I'll answer just to bump the thread though, since I think people need to read the OP's post...

I'm not talking about abilities... What I was saying is that Caitlyn has 650 REGULAR auto-attack range... she has the absolute longest range of any champ WITHOUT abilities, so is definitely a carry whose range can be hard to deal with in lane, like the OP was talking about.

Tristana has to wait until late game (really until laning is totally over...) to get ranges like Caitlyn gets at level 1... She actually needs to be level 13 before the bonus range from her passive ability lets her beat Caitlyn's regular range.

Kog needs to use Bio-Arcane Barrage and have it leveled pretty high, he needs have 4 skill ranks in it to outrange her, so he needs at least level 7, and he has to spend mana to do it, and gets it for only a limited time.

Twitch needs to use his ult and only gets his range for a very limited amount of time...

Caitlyn doesn't have to do anything... from level 1 she is outranging EVERYONE with her autoattacks in lane because SHE has the highest base attack range in the game, making Ashe's range seem short in comparison. No champ outranges her or matches her range without abilities that give bonus range. Tristana's passive, Twitch's ult, and Kog's Barrage are the only abilities that ever give enough bonus range to do it...

Though it is true that if you are looking for range at level 18, Trist does eventually get the best range with her passive, it gets up to 703 actually... Kog and Twitch can still beat her for periods of time though, barrage lets Kog'maw get to 710 at max rank, and Spray&Pray gives Twitch 850.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying Cait's overpowered... She has things that limit her too. She's a pain to deal with in lane, but is considered one of the weaker carries because she doesn't scale that well late.

Onegarion

05-04-2013

I reworked it and took that little portion out. Its nice that it seems like its over, but yes it is off topic. I will not though argue the bumps guys. Thanks.

Evolnemesis

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onegarion View Post
I reworked it and took that little portion out. Its nice that it seems like its over, but yes it is off topic. I will not though argue the bumps guys. Thanks.
Ya, didn't want to hijack your thread, lol... Sorry about that... You really do make great points in your post and have a level of insight that you don't see much on this forum... rebump for truth.

ZedexHS

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
Very good post. There are so many level 30s that never figure this stuff out... even in ranked.

The main problem I think is people who are afraid to vary builds/item orders, or buy items they may not buy normally to change the situation, or who cannot adapt to using a different strategy than whatever they are familiar with using for their champ.

I used to get into that mindset sometimes too, until I started looking critically at my deaths each time, instead of cursing at the grey screen and raging at my unfair death, I started assuming every death was my fault and used that time to carefully reflect on what I could have done to avoid the death and what could have saved me. Truthfully, most times you die, it's your fault entirely, it has nothing to do with any champ being OP, or mistakes by anyone else... it has to do with you not paying proper attention to counters, or strategy, or positioning, or items, champ levels, when enemy cooldowns are up, or the map, etc... the list goes on.

Every champ has weaknesses, figure out what they are and exploit them... if they really counter you in lane, get some items to help you (and you CAN afford extra items... if an item lets you avoid any deaths, it pays for itself VERY quickly...), if you have to, play more passive and farm so they don't get too far ahead. Try new stuff for the hell of it if your normal stuff isn't working, do your own research and get a feel for what works. Another thing that will help you against a champ is just play as them a few games... it's the fastest way to see what screws them up and what their weaknesses are.
I agree. Another possibility that you go 5/0 in lane as say, Garen vs Jax. However, in pressuring the Jax into you getting the five kills you've wasted so much time that could be spent getting cs until you you're losing by over one hundred cs. Later in a teamfight, Jax gets a quadrakill and you're whining about how overpowered he is even after you won lane. Most people don't realize the vitality of cs and how it only takes between 25 and 15 cs ahead to be ahead of your opponent in gold. So also, players who are complaining about "overpowered' champions, keep up in the cs.