21 KBps, 16 hr. remaining for download?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gods Image

05-01-2013

Im on my mac and had to reinstall league of legends due to the recent patch stopping at 99%. I upgraded to the most recent version of OS.X (10.8.).

Im currently on campus internet, and im looking at downloading speeds of 18-25 KBps. Any tips or tricks to speed this up?

Appreciate it.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-01-2013

Did you originally download and install the game on that network? What were your speeds then?

When you say 10.8. do you mean 10.8.3?

Try this: In the patcher, click the icon that looks like two gears in the upper right hand corner of the window, next to the minimize button. Uncheck Allow Peer to Peer Transfer. If its already unchecked, I suppose you could try checking it.

What school are you at? Its possible their network policies are set up to block traffic like LoL. There is a support article that deals with restricted networks, but mostly it just tells you to complain to the campus network guys

Gods Image

05-01-2013

I can't quite remember if I had installed it on campus or back or home, but i don't ever remember having a wait time like this.

And yes, 10.8.3. I upgraded last night hoping that would increase speeds.

Peer to Peer was never checkmarked.

I'm sure that could be the case. Took a speed test and got 3.5 MBps, which is odd when comparing to the 22 KBps im currently running in the download.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods Image View Post
I can't quite remember if I had installed it on campus or back or home, but i don't ever remember having a wait time like this.

And yes, 10.8.3. I upgraded last night hoping that would increase speeds.

Peer to Peer was never checkmarked.

I'm sure that could be the case. Took a speed test and got 3.5 MBps, which is odd when comparing to the 22 KBps im currently running in the download.
As much as I hate interrupting the patcher, you might want to. Change your DNS servers over to google's. Throw in a reboot after, then try again. You'll lose all download progress, but anything is better than that speed.