Super high ping after latest patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrath0r

06-01-2013

The issue persisted after the repair - within five minutes of my first game, and several more times during the game. The pattern of this happening along with a disk I/O spike is consistent 100% of the time. That does not mean there is a bug, but it is a pattern. I am not confident a reinstall will help, but if you'd like me to try it I will. In the mean time, the log file from the repair is 22MB so I can't upload it here. If I can PM you somehow, I can put it onto dropbox and send you the URL. My favorite part is the last line of the file:

( USER)[22:09:29.000] int Riot::GameMain(int, const char **): Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information.

I like when logs tell me to look at logs. Makes me smile. Anyway, I'll bet if others here run some kind of disk I/O monitor they'll see that spike as they suffer these slowdowns, too.

Thanks for your help!

wrath0r

06-02-2013

This morning I ran face first into the issue where the client would not run, so I took it as a sign and reinstalled. After two games I can say that, while the ping spike issue still exists, it's very small and much less frequent now.

Here's a detail I noticed: Although custom item sets were disabled in my profile tab, they were still available in games. After the reinstall they disappeared. This makes me wonder if our problem has something to do with the custom item sets issue. Does anyone else having this issue still see the sets?

TurtlesnWaffles

06-04-2013

Not sure, haven't checked today, but for awhile the custom item sets have been disabled for awhile...

It seems this lag spike issue, which I have too, after 3 months of playing LoL while never going above 100ms ping, is related somehow to the custom item sets.

The lag spikes I'm experiencing, jump up to 2600ms ping, which is really unplayable, and this only happens when another character seems to be beside mine.

Last Tuesday when I first noticed this issue, I read in the forums to try disabling the IPv6, which I did, and was lag free until this Tuesday.... But I can't disable something that's already disabled...

This issue is becoming really unpleasant, and due to this, I will not be purchasing any RP until this issue is resolved.

After repairing the game, the lag became even worse, and I don't have the room (internet cap) to download LoL from scratch again.

RitaSkeeter

06-04-2013

i repaired, and then reinstalled. my ping will be fine and then it will shoot to 2000+

Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

im also having problems with the client opening. it will only open if i do a fresh install and then then next time i try and start it it never opens.

TurtlesnWaffles

06-04-2013

Glam, is your ISP, Rogers by chance?

RitaSkeeter

06-04-2013

no sir. i have EPB fiber (fastest in the nation) thats how i know its not my service. :/

TurtlesnWaffles

06-04-2013

I've got Rogers, and they're known for throttling anything related to P2P, which really sucks, lol

RitaSkeeter

06-04-2013

unfortunate :/ i reinstalled AGAIN and its working so far but we shall see...

wrath0r

06-05-2013

Another two games with terrible spikes. At this point, I am willing to say this is losing us games by spiking at critical moments. I honestly don't feel it's fair to my team mates for me to play with the client like this, and I don't think I will. This isn't a threat or something designed to punish Riot. It's not like it would do that anyway! I'm attaching logs from my last two games.

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2013-06-05T20-41-27_r3dlog.txt (55.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: txt 2013-06-05T21-11-56_r3dlog.txt (57.5 KB, 16 views)

Xyrian328

06-05-2013

I am having a constant 375-400 ping issue as well. It's persisted in every game I played today, even bot games and custom games. Has anyone found out a solution?