Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Playing ARAM.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Better Ban Vi

05-01-2013

I get Warwick.

"Hmm. I don't feel like playing Warwick. I'll reroll."

I get Alistar.

"Ugh, I suck with Alistar. Well, here goes my last reroll."

I get Shyvana....

HAHAHHAHA, you're so funny Riot....

****, YOU.

William12726

05-01-2013

Saw a guy trade out Yi for Udyr and was happy about it

not by the end of the game he wasn't

Grandpappy

05-01-2013

ARAM is about practicing champs you're not good at. I never understood people who flip out if someone won't trade them their 'main'.

Geekweezul

05-01-2013

Quote:
Better Ban Vi:
I get Warwick.

"Hmm. I don't feel like playing Warwick. I'll reroll."

I get Alistar.

"Ugh, I suck with Alistar. Well, here goes my last reroll."

I get Shyvana....

HAHAHHAHA, you're so funny Riot....

****, YOU.

Ha...hate when that happens.

Better Ban Vi

05-01-2013

Quote:
Grandpappy:
ARAM is about practicing champs you're not good at. I never understood people who flip out if someone won't trade them their 'main'.

No, it's not.

ARAM is about getting a random champion and having a fun, none serious game to play around in.

ARAM's biggest issue is that certain champions are well, horrible in ARAM. I got 3 of them in a row.

Bot games are for practicing champs you're not good at due to the fact that you get the pick the champion. Not have one randomly selected.

Delta Sniper

05-01-2013

Quote:
Better Ban Vi:
No, it's not.

ARAM is about getting a random champion and having a fun, none serious game to play around in.

ARAM's biggest issue is that certain champions are well, horrible in ARAM. I got 3 of them in a row.

all Random all mid is working as intended.

Grandpappy

05-01-2013

Quote:
Better Ban Vi:
No, it's not.

Bot games are for practicing champs you're not good at due to the fact that you get the pick the champion. Not have one randomly selected.

So when you random champs you don't normally play, and you have a fun, non-serious game with them, what do you think you're actually doing? You're practicing champs. I became a much better LoL player when I became so sick of normals/ranked that I played ARAM for about a year. It really broadens your experience and exposure to champs/builds in a way that is laid-back and fun.

Better Ban Vi

05-01-2013

Quote:
Grandpappy:
So when you random champs you don't normally play, and you have a fun, non-serious game with them, what do you think you're actually doing? You're practicing champs. I became a much better LoL player when I became so sick of normals/ranked that I played ARAM for about a year. It really broadens your experience and exposure to champs/builds in a way that is laid-back and fun.

The reason it's not practice is that you don't learn the champion, you learn their mechanics.

In a silly hectic game mode like ARAM you don't learn how a champion reacts to ganks or how to duel, you simply learn what their abilities do.

Learning what a champion's abilities do can easily be accomplished by reading on the wiki or watching a spotlight, which is not considered practice.

dont ban me lolz

05-01-2013

don't play aram if you can play only 1 champ

Better Ban Vi

05-01-2013

Quote:
dont ban me lolz:
don't play aram if you can play only 1 champ

Who said I can only play one champion?

Have you ever played Shyvana in ARAM? It's just awful. You lose half your HP before getting into range to start doing damage.

It's not fun in the least.