@Lyte, the ONE thing I wish the reporting system had.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

05-01-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We're not opposed to the idea of giving more feedback to players that use the report feature. Even if we slowly replace bans with account restrictions, we can notify players in other ways such as whether a player they reported was chat-restricted, or reformed and improved their behaviors.

However, it's more of an issue of pragmatism. Right now, most of the player behavior team is working on potential Champ Select solutions, and we feel that's the #1 problem that we should be working on right now. A few members of the team are working on account restrictions like Restricted Chat and Behavior Alerts, and we feel that's the right call as well.

We may re-visit feedback loops for reporters in the future, but I strongly believe in what we are currently working on.

DrShroob

05-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We're not opposed to the idea of giving more feedback to players that use the report feature. Even if we slowly replace bans with account restrictions, we can notify players in other ways such as whether a player they reported was chat-restricted, or reformed and improved their behaviors.

However, it's more of an issue of pragmatism. Right now, most of the player behavior team is working on potential Champ Select solutions, and we feel that's the #1 problem that we should be working on right now. A few members of the team are working on account restrictions like Restricted Chat and Behavior Alerts, and we feel that's the right call as well.

We may re-visit feedback loops for reporters in the future, but I strongly believe in what we are currently working on.
Ah, thank you very much for your input, Dr.Lyte.

I appreciate you finding this thread and giving your two cents on the matter.

PapaShongo53

05-02-2013

Quote:

Maybe just something quick and simple, like a bar in your profile or your justice review profile that shows your report weight.

Kr1sys

05-02-2013

Quote:

Lyte, I was wondering if we could also in the future have the ability to see how 'reliable' our reports are too. I feel like I report a lot, but I never intentionally do it for the sake of reporting. I understand in a way this might provide a way for people to 'game' the system, but if my reports aren't worth anything to Riot I would just stop wasting my time. As it stands now, without the OP suggestion and mine, i don't have any idea if my reports are really worth anything at all.

Xanius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2013

Quote:

Lyte on the topic of Champ select, how do you feel about color psychology and potentially using it to try and deter some of the anger and mistrust that occurs?

EmperialGoddess

05-02-2013

I really like this idea. It will gives us satisfactions in knowing we are doing something. I really hope we get this feature in the near future. You guys are making progress when it comes punishing toxic player. But we also need to know as the person reporting because then it feels like a shot in the dark.

iainB85

05-02-2013

Quote:

+1 for champ select being the biggest problem in the game right now. Really glad to hear you guys agree.

Qitonph

05-02-2013

I wouldn't ask Lyte this questions more one for the people who work on the client. The biggest reason features are so delayed is because the Adobe air client is **** and complicates things far more then they need to be. Even if Lyte wanted to do something like this Idk how difficult it would be to work it into the abortion of a client we have.

Cosmic3ncounter

05-02-2013

Quote:

No the "right call" is making Tribunal something other than "This exists to punish what you type alone and not what yo actually do in game". Riot still refuses to address the fact that Tribunal ONLY punishes "verbal abuse/harassment" and not any forms of throwing the game such as intentional feeding, trolling, refusing to teamfight, baiting allies, stealing jungle buffs from jungler, and all kinds of other ways of absolutely ruining games.

You ONLY care about chat and not the game itself and it shows. This is more like a communist censoring program than a thing to stop people from ruining a competitive experience for 4 other players.

Kezzer

05-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrShroob View Post
Just going to get this out of the way.

I play BOTH Dota2 and League, League moreso.

Okay, now that that is over... I was playing Dota2 the other day, and we had arguably the most toxic person I had ever seen between my dota2 and lol playing experience. He was awful, and considering that dota2 has voice chat, it was worse than anything that can happen in LoL.

Don't get me wrong, he was an amazing player, but he was toxic to a T. I was spared of his wrath somehow because he somehow knew I was a newbie, but anyone else who made a mistake, they got it bad.

Anyway, after the game, I reported him for verbally harassing my team.

And about a week later, I got a pop up saying that "One or more person(s) that you have reported have been punished accordingly. Thank you for making the Dota 2 playerbase a better experience for everyone."

Why can't we get little pop ups like this when someone we report gets punished by the Tribunal? A lot of people I've met in game don't bother reporting the toxic players because they feel like it does nothing, so, wouldn't this help establish that the Tribunal does in fact work as intended? For the most part, the majority of the player base never sees the tribunal in action because removing a troll here and there doesn't mean there aren't fifty more lying in wait, so giving the Tribunal an actual up front way of saying "I am here and I appreciate what you did" would really emphasize that, yes, it works, and yes, it's here to help make your gameplay experience a better time.

a-Do you really wanna go through 20 popups everytime you log in league?
b-Do you really wanna give ANYMORE reasons for people to want to ban each other?