Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

SoloQ Volibear build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden Dawn Mage

05-01-2013

Always use Flash on Volibear, you should be fast enough with runes and masteries. Ghost is just too easily countered. Never use Ghost on him, especially if you are playing him right. That clutch Flash is soo much more useful.

BiggerFish

05-01-2013

I do

Wriggles
BoM
Ruby Sightstone
Bulwark
FM.

I call it "Map Awareness Bear"

i'm starting to build ruby sightstone on most junglers now, there just isn't an item that gives more benefit then being able to set wards everywhere.

Golden Dawn Mage

05-01-2013

Like I said no reason to put those points on offensive. Utility tree shortens your cooldowns on summoner spells including smite. The move speed when out of combat is perfect for a jungler, and that jungle buff mastery is perfect aswell. Always 0 21 9, never 9 21 0.

Golden Dawn Mage

05-01-2013

Quote:
BiggerFish:
I do

Wriggles
BoM
Ruby Sightstone
Bulwark
FM.

Never upgrade to Wriggles, it is not cost efficient. Madreds is way enough. You lack Sunfire Cape.

Golden Dawn Mage

05-01-2013

As a late game item. BotRK and Black Cleaver are great offensive items on a tanky champion, to destroy other tanks. Don't rush these items though.

guitarnoob16

Recruiter

05-01-2013

i use attk speed marks n movement quints...9/21/0....get madreds and boots...transition to locket solari and runic bulwrk...game is usually over..if not ill get either randuins/spirit visage or warmogs..im not gona get warmogs if the enemy had blade of ruin king...you can also get a guardian angel...it just depends on what type of damage the enemy is doing...gank alot and max your slow but i would definately say that runic bulwrk and locket solari is his core items

Xanthalis

05-01-2013

Quote:
DeusVult:
start machete + 5 pots
turn that into a madreds + boots on first back (dont turn madreds into lantern, just leave it)
Sunfire cape + finish boots (mercs or tabis)
Warmogs
Spirit Visage
Either Randuins or Frozen Mallet, depending upon needs.
Then sell madreds if the game has gotten this far (most times it wont) and buy a Bork, Wits end or BC. (BC helps with bite damage, since its physical.)

Run 10-20-0 masteries, taking the offense points in ghost, AS, AD/lvl, and ArPen. Use the Defensive in Health, minion damage decrease, armor, slow redoc and Tenacity, and less Crit damage.

use ghost instead of flash, for the same reason that you use ghost instead of flash on singed.

Also, max W first, the E, then Q....

This is generally how I play him, with quite a bit of success.

Voli is primarily a tank, and building tanky is situational. Best thing to do is keep in mind what items are good on him and build as needed.

doggeris789

05-01-2013

Well if you are planning to counter jungle

Take q and w and get a smite less blue

Voli is one of the strongest early game fighters

And if the other jungler is below half health when he goes to his red and doesn't check to see if you are there. He's screwd