Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Demotion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desperate Izzy

Recruiter

05-01-2013

so i was unlucky to go from the 1200's elo to 900's, where upon the new league system was placed in bronze IV. i spent a majority of my ranked time in bronze IV and i thought to myself, "i could never get out of this, i don't belong here, i should be in like silver." then i started to accept the fact that maybe i did belong in that league and i should just focus on being better. i started warding better, started roaming more after dominating my lane, and i made towers, dragon, buffs, baron as my main priority over kills.

i am currently in bronze II with about 37 points. however upon being promoted to bronze II i lost 5 consecutive ranked games at 0LP in bronze II. so why wasn't i demoted? some people say they've been demoted after their 1st game, some say the 2nd or third, but i've never heard of anyone surpassing 4 or more losses at 0LP.

i think it has to do with MMR, but even then some, even most of my matches i didn't exactly get a positive score, and did pretty bad because i thought i was getting demoted anyways.

in bronze IV i used to get paired up with silvers in my matches. i would often see them spamming rage at my other teammates saying, "are you in bronze or something?" i would just wonder why i'm being paired up with silvers and i always thought maybe it was because i was being paired up with a bronze-silver duo. but i doubt i was getting paired up with bronze-silver duo's in those 5 matches. i guess my mmr is way higher than i thought?

can someone explain how this system works? thanks!

Slayertmann

05-01-2013

Luckily I can help. You can go 0 wins and 11 losses as soon as you reach a rank, and you will remain at 0 lp. As soon as you get a win, and get boosted to 20 LP, if you hit 0 and lose another game you get demoted. You have to win a game before losing one at 0 LP to be demoted.

Desperate Izzy

Recruiter

05-01-2013

Quote:
Slayertmann:
Luckily I can help. You can go 0 wins and 11 losses as soon as you reach a rank, and you will remain at 0 lp. As soon as you get a win, and get boosted to 20 LP, if you hit 0 and lose another game you get demoted. You have to win a game before losing one at 0 LP to be demoted.

oh ok, so what if its not a new rank but a new division, because i lost 5 in a row in the division not rank.