Demotion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summoning Izzy

05-01-2013

so i was unlucky to go from the 1200's elo to 900's, where upon the new league system was placed in bronze IV. i spent a majority of my ranked time in bronze IV and i thought to myself, "i could never get out of this, i don't belong here, i should be in like silver." then i started to accept the fact that maybe i did belong in that league and i should just focus on being better. i started warding better, started roaming more after dominating my lane, and i made towers, dragon, buffs, baron as my main priority over kills.

i am currently in bronze II with about 37 points. however upon being promoted to bronze II i lost 5 consecutive ranked games at 0LP in bronze II. so why wasn't i demoted? some people say they've been demoted after their 1st game, some say the 2nd or third, but i've never heard of anyone surpassing 4 or more losses at 0LP.

i think it has to do with MMR, but even then some, even most of my matches i didn't exactly get a positive score, and did pretty bad because i thought i was getting demoted anyways.

in bronze IV i used to get paired up with silvers in my matches. i would often see them spamming rage at my other teammates saying, "are you in bronze or something?" i would just wonder why i'm being paired up with silvers and i always thought maybe it was because i was being paired up with a bronze-silver duo. but i doubt i was getting paired up with bronze-silver duo's in those 5 matches. i guess my mmr is way higher than i thought?

can someone explain how this system works? thanks!

Slayertmann

05-01-2013

Luckily I can help. You can go 0 wins and 11 losses as soon as you reach a rank, and you will remain at 0 lp. As soon as you get a win, and get boosted to 20 LP, if you hit 0 and lose another game you get demoted. You have to win a game before losing one at 0 LP to be demoted.

Summoning Izzy

05-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayertmann View Post
Luckily I can help. You can go 0 wins and 11 losses as soon as you reach a rank, and you will remain at 0 lp. As soon as you get a win, and get boosted to 20 LP, if you hit 0 and lose another game you get demoted. You have to win a game before losing one at 0 LP to be demoted.
oh ok, so what if its not a new rank but a new division, because i lost 5 in a row in the division not rank.