Petition: For bromaciaaaaaa (olaf fix)

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leh Chode

05-01-2013

First, some basic statistics bros:

Scroll down to the very bottom after clicking the "win rate" filter.
http://www.lolking.net/champions/

Scroll down to the "Brolaf" section:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/V3.01.0.1

Dude, why?
What in the name of Bro did Brolaf do to deserve these nerfs? Was it because of Voybro? A sudden bro-surge of popularity because of Season 3? Did our bro really need the nerfs?

Look at his win-rate now, bros. It's been hovering at a bro-sappointing 40-41% since the 3.01 nerfs (which is barely above Karma, who's getting a bro-ton of buffs.Bro-rageous). Riot didn't even state a bro-gitimate reason when nerfing him; the section that usually explains why the champion is tweaked was blank. Underneath the empty space was a bunch of bro-pressing nerfs, none which have been pressed into beta for testing.

Why was Taric, once the bro-pick of the month, given lots of careful speculation in his tweaks? Why did his changes take weeks of meticulous planning, with Riot pinching here and plucking there? Our truly bro-rageous gem knight is now a beautifully balanced champion, while Brolaf continues to rot in the dust.

So, my fellow bros, given these reasons, here's the TLDR:
Bro-buff our Brolaf. Please give him some bromance.

I have some simple ideas for buffs, but the bro-munnity is free to chip in whenever they want! I will add the ones I think seem fit or the ones that have a good amount of votes to the bro-riginal post.

BROBUFFS:

Undertow (Q):
The move-speed fade was a disaster to Brolaf's kit, making it near impossi-bro for him to catch anyone despite landing all axes. Being a fairly difficult-to-land skillshot, it should reward bros for landing each consecutive blow but the recent nerf pretty much destroyed that.

Brobuff:

Give Brolaf a slight move-speed boost after clipping a champion, similar to the Furor Boots.

Movespeed: 7% / 8% / 9% / 10% / 11%

Movespeed decays after 3 seconds, about the cooldown of axes after being picked up. Makes it easier for a bro-pponent to get away from Brolaf's teammates with the movespeed fade, but allows Brolaf himself to catch up to his target, making it easier for him to take down the target he zeros out -- which was what he was designed to do in the first place.

This rewards bros for landing their axes while not completely destroying the enemy's chances of escaping from Brolaf's teammates.

Vicious Strikes (W):
Cooldown was drastically increased at all ranks. It isn't incredibly crippling early game -- as it's bro-freakin-powerful when dueling with 9% lifesteal, spell-vamp, and his insane attack speed passive -- but when late game comes, it's completely useless after its first use. You get a tiny 6 seconds and have to wait another 10 for it to come off cooldown, making it difficult to fight in prolonged battles and skirmishes.

Brobuff:
Simply decrease its cooldown by rank.

Cooldown: 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 / 12

Puts it back to its previously unnerfed value at max rank. This, along with, say 20% cooldown bro-duction, will give him a fairly low 4.8 second cooldown after the duration of the steroid.
The long cooldown early game will make it easier for laners/junglers to duel with him while the lower cooldowns at later ranks might motivate other bros to rank up W over E, depending on preference.

Thundering Blow (E):
I think this is a bro-tastic skill, still. It wasn't touched during the patch, and I hope they keep it that way. Feel free to comment on bro-tential tweaks, though.

Ragnarok (R):
Bro, Darius gets % armor penetration simply on his E.
There was really no need to nerf this skill down that hard. The damage decrease is significantly noticeable, be it when clipping bros with axes or with auto-attacks. If you mess up your 6 short seconds of immunity and extra penetration (huehue insertimmaturecomment) you will suffer from a long cooldown and minimal damage output if the carry hasn't been completely bro-stroyed yet.

Brobuff #1:

Give him half of the current values on his passive, leave his default values on active.

Passive penetration: 5 / 10 / 15
Active penetration: 10 / 20 / 30

This allows our bro to maintain some damage when he isn't charging at an unfortunate carry while maintaining his shredding power upon activation. A simple buff that won't affect his current status as "carry-wrecker" but will help him duel when his bro-timate is down.10 armor penetration is a good amount -- as much as a Brotilizer.

Brobuff #2:

Reduce cooldowns by rank.

Cooldown: 100 / 85 / 70

Our Brolaf may not be as destructive when his ultimate is down, but it gives elbow room for mistake. If our bro misses a kill or gets caught and expends Ragnarok, it might actually be up the next time a skirmish appears.

SO PLEASE, MY FELLOW BRAHS

SPREAD THE WORD

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

INFORM YOUR NEIGHBORS

BURN SOME HOUSES

OUR BRO NEEDS SOME BRO-LOVE

AND FAST

To bro-Riot:
Please take your time like you did with our beloved bro, Taric. Any change would be nice, as long as there IS change.

Thank you.

Voybro's Double Kill (might've caused the nerfs, controversial)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjOBv8SlVb4

BROTITION POSTER:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-q-8ETAggLA...n_00337157.jpg

MrEnglish22

05-01-2013

I'm with ya, brah

Pvt Pew Parts

05-01-2013

B
r
o
m
a
c
i
a

Leh Chode

05-01-2013

Bromacian bump for justice

CorneredDorner

05-01-2013

I think it'd be sweet to have his ult cd be reduced by 20/30/40% for kills and assists; fit into his whole barbarian juggernaut vibe.

Heart to Hart

05-01-2013

Bump for bro-quality.

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2013

I'd like the nerfs to just plain be reverted.

Edit: Nice to see this thread again.

The arguement used was that Olaf's favorite thing to do was stack HP, but now it's not as easy anymore with the BotRK and Liandry's. They also nerfed HP items, such as Warmogs, FM (price increase), and Giant's Belt.

If the argument that that the Black Cleaver made him too powerful was part of their reasoning to nerf him, then they should still revert the nerfs because the Black Cleaver received its nerfs.

Oz SammyD X

05-01-2013

Revert the nerfs they were not needed, S3 has many items to counter him now which is why he is kinda useless.

MeowMixWarrior

05-01-2013

up top bro

ROKAF JE

05-01-2013

Lolking - baiting players into thinking its accurate since whenever the frig.
It's not the perfect indicator of champion power as I'll mention below

Olafs win rate was bad pre-nerf, too. One of the lowest, and he was broken.
Everyone seems to forget this.

There was more than just one double kill from voyboy.
So many olaf plays that shouldn't have been possible.

He may very well need a tuneup, but nothing major.

1234511 ... 17