Galio's Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sgt Lemon Pack

11-12-2010

I just faced a galio in normal....wat do?
Can't see to pick cleanse, not playing a champ that normally uses cleanse, and of course.
here comes galio, ghosting and throwing leaves, diving in, Ulting, and letting his team destroy ours.

counter? none, we've got merc treads but still can't get out due to a puddled vlad and an ashe spamming volley.

explain to me how a 1.1k aoe taunt is fair?
you want us to have 5 cleanses on our team every game? JUST INCASE?

Fix this ult please, it REALLY needs a rework.

TLDR; Galio just destroyed us in normal, ult not fair. fix.

Malagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

As a galio player, I consider my ult to be a skill shot; in that it takes some major skill and timing to execute it perfectly. When I do it right, which is rare, it is devastating.

But consider what it takes to "do it right".

I need my team right beside me. ALL OF THEM. They need to kill you all while I hold you all in place. This is very hard to time.

I need to get at least 3 of you in it to be worth it. And if I leave out the morgana, or the Sion, or the Taric.. or the (insert any stun champ here) then the ult is worthless. I just got alot of damage and did nothing to you. This is also very hard to do.

If flash is on cooldown, then thats great and helps alot, but most the time there are ways to get out of it. I'll list them:

#1 Merc's treads. Only works if you are ranged btw. It reduces the taunt to 1.2 seconds not allowing melee enough time to run out. If you are ranged, then use these. (easiest way)

#2 Banshee's Veil. Will make the taunt part of the ult ineffective if it is up. (run away still cause you will still get damaged in 2 seconds)

#3 Any team with a stun. I ult. You stun. You laugh. I die.

#4 Don't stay together in one lump as a team. (this is what I'm looking for you know)

#5 If I'm alone, and the rest of my team is far away, then my ult is only going to be used if I need to escape. (if I build full AP, stay away. you will die anyways)

Those 5 things should help you deal with the Ult of galio in the future.

Hextech Ifrit

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malagus View Post
As a galio player, I consider my ult to be a skill shot; in that it takes some major skill and timing to execute it perfectly. When I do it right, which is rare, it is devastating.

But consider what it takes to "do it right".

I need my team right beside me. ALL OF THEM. They need to kill you all while I hold you all in place. This is very hard to time.

I need to get at least 3 of you in it to be worth it. And if I leave out the morgana, or the Sion, or the Taric.. or the (insert any stun champ here) then the ult is worthless. I just got alot of damage and did nothing to you. This is also very hard to do.

If flash is on cooldown, then thats great and helps alot, but most the time there are ways to get out of it. I'll list them:

#1 Merc's treads. Only works if you are ranged btw. It reduces the taunt to 1.2 seconds not allowing melee enough time to run out. If you are ranged, then use these. (easiest way)

#2 Banshee's Veil. Will make the taunt part of the ult ineffective if it is up. (run away still cause you will still get damaged in 2 seconds)

#3 Any team with a stun. I ult. You stun. You laugh. I die.

#4 Don't stay together in one lump as a team. (this is what I'm looking for you know)

#5 If I'm alone, and the rest of my team is far away, then my ult is only going to be used if I need to escape. (if I build full AP, stay away. you will die anyways)

Those 5 things should help you deal with the Ult of galio in the future.
Completely agree. I'm a Galio player as well and what this man says is the truth. Yes, having it popped against you does suck, but to do it RIGHT, is extremely difficult.

Koulack

11-12-2010

Can I lol at this?

I play him too, and really, his ult go nerfed a couple of patches ago.

Whats the downside? How about I take all the damage you dish out, increased defense or not, and have to cancel my ult if I'm going to die.

The trade off is right there, plain and simple. It doesn't need another nerf, just learn how to avoid it (stay spread out, stuns) and how to make it less effective. Have your Xin Zhao activate his attack stun when you see Galio gust in or go for your center.

His cooldowns and mana cost have been nerfed already, and he seems plenty balanced. Almost everything he does has a call sign to watch for. Just learn to notice and react in time.

Tulki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluana View Post
I just faced a galio in normal....wat do?
Can't see to pick cleanse, not playing a champ that normally uses cleanse, and of course.
here comes galio, ghosting and throwing leaves, diving in, Ulting, and letting his team destroy ours.

counter? none, we've got merc treads but still can't get out due to a puddled vlad and an ashe spamming volley.

explain to me how a 1.1k aoe taunt is fair?
you want us to have 5 cleanses on our team every game? JUST INCASE?

Fix this ult please, it REALLY needs a rework.

TLDR; Galio just destroyed us in normal, ult not fair. fix.
So you're saying that the enemy team launched a coordinated attack when you were all grouped together while Galio approached aggressively (signifying his ult is ready - you should be able to tell this by now)?

Sounds more like you didn't react properly. What you laid out was basically a worst-case scenario of Galio's ult wiping your team. This doesn't mean Galio needs a nerf, as if we considered the worst-case scenario of any champion, they'd seem grossly overpowered.

Koulack

11-12-2010

Tulki expressed my point exactly. Galio has good times, and bad times. You being grouped all together and him being aggressive was a giant MOVE OUT OF THE WAY sign. Everything he does can be predicted and avoided, just learn how.

No nerf on Galio is needed.

Battlesheep

11-13-2010

and I thought that galio was a bit Under powered.. :P

Malagus

11-13-2010

I've had to resort to some funny tricks to get my ult off effectively. I'll put a sight ward somewhere in mid right in the middle of the path. This way, when a team fight breaks out in that area, I teleport right into the sight ward (they can't see me coming) and immediately ult in the middle of the group. This is, of course, very hard to get right, but when it works, its pretty funny.

I use my ult maybe 6-10 times a game. By the time I have used it 3-4 times, the team already knows most of my tells and I have to adjust to make his ult effective. So, when you play against a galio, know that most players who play as him are pretty predictable. Once you know what he needs to do, then you know how to avoid it.

Fluffy1

11-13-2010

you dont have cleanse and say there is no counter.....ever seen the gamebreaking Quicksilver sash? its only 1400 gold. USE IT.

Lycanblu

11-13-2010

there's this neat little thing called a quicksilver sash.