Downloading problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sayuri589

04-30-2013

I'm trying to download lol to my mac, and it will download fine, and bring up the icon and the application folder. But from here, I'm not sure what to do. I read somewhere you had to drag the file to the applications folder and go on from there, but what file? The only thing that was downloaded was something called "League of Legends NA" and whenever I click it, it just brings me to the same window of the lol icon and the applications folder. I have no idea what to do. Please help! thank you!

Tha Kernal

04-30-2013

If you are on a mac you should get a folder that opens and it will have 2 icons you need to worry about. One is a blue square with a yellow "L" and the other is a blue file folder with a small white arrow.

Drag the LOL icon into the blue file folder. This is like executing a .exe in windows. It will install LOL into your applications folder. Then just go to your hard drive \ applications folder and double click the LOL icon.

it should then start to download.

If you have problems with it crashing... Good luck, RIOT's email support sucks and some brainfart on here called Dataslave might start to help but if his wittle feelings get hurt with you expressing your opinion he won't be of help either.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayuri589 View Post
I'm trying to download lol to my mac, and it will download fine, and bring up the icon and the application folder. But from here, I'm not sure what to do. I read somewhere you had to drag the file to the applications folder and go on from there, but what file? The only thing that was downloaded was something called "League of Legends NA" and whenever I click it, it just brings me to the same window of the lol icon and the applications folder. I have no idea what to do. Please help! thank you!

They have an installation walkthrough with pictures that helps if you're unsure of what to do.

Basically a DMG file is a disk image, and its one of the standard ways to distribute a mac application. Double clicking a DMG file "mounts" it much the same as if you inserted a DVD or USB stick, and it opens a Finder window that shows the contents of that disk image.

Generally you'll see the application and a shortcut to your applications folder in this window, often with a graphical background. The idea is to help you copy the application from the disk image over to your Applications folder. Once you've copied it over, you want to press cmd+e to eject the disk image. From there, you just need to navigate to your Applications folder in finder, and double click the new application to run it.