Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did not receive response from server: i need a hero

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColonelCornbread

04-30-2013

So, after installing the lissandra patch today i was trying to log in, and after entering my password it gave me the message: "did not receive response from server; retrying 1/2/3"

I desperately need help to fix this problem

Note: Some people have said that you have to open internet explorer (oh god it's already awful enough I can't play league) and then take internet off of offline mode. However, my IE was not in offline mode, and after toggling from offline to online i have had no luck whatsoever.

TheSparky

05-01-2013

Try "Run as Administrator" I know that has helped people in the past. If that doesnt help just let me know and we can go from there.

For the "did not receive a response from server .... attempt 1, 2, 3" restart your pc so you could start fresh.
Start Internet Explorer , enter ggl or yahoo, then enter in lol.launcher. If it doesn`t connect, close the lol client and enter again but this time when it gives you the reconnect attempts pres "Refresh Page" on Internet Explorer.
Try that also.

juampa77lol

05-01-2013

i'm having the same issue. It's driving me crazy. Nothing seems to work

ColonelCornbread

05-01-2013

I've also already tried running as an administrator. Still nothing

Yaersulf

05-01-2013

Also tried all of these recommended things, nothing has worked :/

An interesting thing that I have found though is that this problem only applies to the NA server for me, you guys should see if you can log onto EU west or something. Might help Roit work out what's going wrong here.

Bloobshot

05-01-2013

has riot even acknowledged this problem?

Bloobshot

05-01-2013

wtf. i jus downloaded the patch on my laptop and its working fine

KirroZ

Recruiter

03-18-2014

I am currently having this problem and it isn't a firewall thing