Learning to CS for non laners

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heroicis Ninja

05-04-2013

I just personally dont push the lane and just wait for the creeps to be low and simply basic Auto its that easy

TheBlackening

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmonkey68 View Post
Dumb question: do different skins of the same character have the same animation timing? I played two practice games with Ahri to work on my timing and I noticed that with the standard skin I was pretty on point but when I switched to the Foxfire skin its seemed like it was off. Is that in my head? Thanks
The animation is different but the timing is the same, if that makes sense. If you close your eyes right click something, your autoattack will still fire and arrive at the same time as it would ordinarily, regardless of skin. What you're seeing and what is probably throwing you off it that while the timings are the same, the animations can be different, which can be deceptive; sometimes they look slower (or faster). Do your best to ignore it; practice on the regular skin and just get a feel for the rhythm of how fast the attack follows the click. Do it so that you can "hear" the sequence in your head: "click . . . hit" . . . "click . . . hit". The . . . in the middle represents a specific amount of time that is different for each champion but that you should know by heart. Get into a rhythm when last-hitting, and visualize the sounds in your head; this should help you to ignore any deceptive things happening on the screen such as skins/animations not quite being in sync with the reality. There is no substitute for having an excellent feel for exactly how long it takes your champion to autoattack after you actually click the mouse. For some, it's fast; for others, like Anivia, it's painfully slow. What's important is that you memorize it, and you will find that you miss far less minions due to waiting too long and firing too late, and you will have an easier time getting minions that are close together in health because you knew the exact moment you could attack and kill one of them, and didn't have to wait too long to be assured the last hit and risk missing the second.

redmonkey68

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackening View Post
The animation is different but the timing is the same, if that makes sense. If you close your eyes right click something, your autoattack will still fire and arrive at the same time as it would ordinarily, regardless of skin. What you're seeing and what is probably throwing you off it that while the timings are the same, the animations can be different, which can be deceptive; sometimes they look slower (or faster). Do your best to ignore it; practice on the regular skin and just get a feel for the rhythm of how fast the attack follows the click. Do it so that you can "hear" the sequence in your head: "click . . . hit" . . . "click . . . hit". The . . . in the middle represents a specific amount of time that is different for each champion but that you should know by heart. Get into a rhythm when last-hitting, and visualize the sounds in your head; this should help you to ignore any deceptive things happening on the screen such as skins/animations not quite being in sync with the reality. There is no substitute for having an excellent feel for exactly how long it takes your champion to autoattack after you actually click the mouse. For some, it's fast; for others, like Anivia, it's painfully slow. What's important is that you memorize it, and you will find that you miss far less minions due to waiting too long and firing too late, and you will have an easier time getting minions that are close together in health because you knew the exact moment you could attack and kill one of them, and didn't have to wait too long to be assured the last hit and risk missing the second.
I'm glad that you answered this I wanted to say thanks for the advice in the earlier post and this one as well. I've been practicing and after only 5 or so games with Ahri I noticed that my average cs went from 90.6 cs (avg for prior 5 games - told you I had issues to 204 cs (avg for the 5 games after reading your post). This last game (not included in the average) was 348 cs. Now I know that there are all kinds of fluctuations with this like starting items, length of game etc. but its progress right?

TheBlackening

05-04-2013

Absolutely! Keep at it, and don't get discouraged by those games where you get zoned and pressured and are way behind on cs; it happens to everyone, the best thing is to shake it off, have nerves of steel and just keep csing. After all, it's practice! Very glad to hear you're making such good progress already =]. Better cs ultimately means you will start having better items and having them earlier, on average, and thus be more successful in almost every phase of the game.

lazymustache

awesomex2

05-05-2013

I just run around and hit creeps when they look low, it's harder when you're mid lane because you have no AD and when you're top because you're usually melee

WoLF42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotHavoc View Post
Great post and I am happy that you have decided to share your experiences with us. Very detailed and in-depth information here, I hope that other's will benefit from this. I know I will be sure to take your advice here and put it to the test. 20 minutes, 222 cs, challenge accepted. Even if it may take a while and I guess I'll have to stream it too or you wont believe me when I eventually complete this challenge! :P http://www.twitch.tv/riothavoc

Good luck RiotHavoc

unSeenima

05-05-2013

dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but in situations where youre pushed under your tower and your own creep wave had come and started attacking, you should gauge your last hit shots so you can hit all your cs. i.e. waiting until the very last second on tower hits. it you have 2 caster minions pushed to your tower, one gets targeted by the tower and shot. dont auto attack it right away. wait until it's about to fire again, and then take the cs. by that time the other creep will be cs'able from your own minion aggro.

Jandaddy

05-05-2013

As your minions are attacking their minions, just stand (by pressing S) in range of the enemy minions so that u can just right click the minion when you will be able to kill it with a last hit

amonkeybutt

05-05-2013

Mundo cleaver is an awesome farming tool. You CANNOT zone mundo from his farm. Yes it takes HP, but its mundo. He doesnt give a damn.

MUNDO FILE! +27 gold